Sign in to follow this  
Guest bartels

Dynamic SCALE in XML possible ??

In the XML code:(G:Var1)I want to use a dynamic SCALE instead of a static value.I.o.w., read the Scale value from a variable instead of the numerical value "4.9".However, using gives an XML parsing error.Any suggestions ??Thanks, Rob Barendregt

Guest bartels

Tried?It might not work at all. WithColor="%((L:EICAS lamp bright,number) 0x7f + 0x100 * )%"I got at last a dimmable String.Arne Bartels

Color="%((L:EICAS lamp bright,number) 0x7f + 0x100 * )%"Hi Arne, very interesting. This works great. Gives green as the colour. Is there a way to chose different colours?Nick.

Guest bartels

Any colour you want (RGB). It might have been simpler to understand by using something like:Color="%( 0x00ff00 (L:brightness,number) * near )%"With (L:brightness,number) between 0.0 (dark) and 1.0 (full lit). 0x00ff00 the RGB colour value (0xff = 255 for green part, 0 for the others).Arne Bartels

Guest bartels

I suspected something like this, some parameters are simply not dynamical. After all you can try to use and do a bit of trickery in the corresponding line.Arne Bartels

Actually I also needed it for the "X" and "Y" position, for which it doesn't work either.But as you said: it can all be easily solved by including correct scale and offset calculation in the line.Why didn't I think of that ???Sometimes solutions are just too trivial :-) :-)Thanks for the help.Cheers, Rob

Hi Arne,I'm producing zero to one using a slider gauge with drag function, (M:X) 100 / 0 max 1 min 1 r - Adjust gauge brightness (%((L:bright,number) 100 *)%!3d!%%)@BrightClick (>L:bright,number)Color="%(0x00ff00 (L:bright,number) * near)%" works great, but the colour during drag tends to change through various shades of yellow and red. How can we keep the colour green at all brightness levels.Also, I change the line to Color="%(0xff0000 (L:bright,number) * near)%" expecting red but the text does not display. Same with 0x0000ff, expecting blue.Help!Nick.

Guest bartels

Trying out before posting would have been a better idea I think. Don't have the time for serious trying out though. I'm away on business the next days. Maybe you work with single "colour channels", and stick them together later? A number between 0x00 and 0xff multiplied by 0x01 is blue, multiplied by 0x100 is green, multiplied by 0x10000 is red and then adding all chennels together.Arne Bartels