Sign in to follow this  

Guest Eugen

Hi,I am working on a sinkrate warning to callout a warning if the limits in the image are exceeded.I am not sure if my approach to problem is the right one. I have divided vertical speed with radio altitude to get constants for minimum and maximum values. I have coded the following (L:Height,number) 2450 <= (L:Height,number) 10 >= && if{ (A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) (L:Height,number) / s1 -2.1 >= l1 -2.9 <= if{ 18 (>L:Sound,number) } }Are there any other ways to to this? I am not sure whether it triggers as it should.BrgdsEugen

Eugen,I use this one to trigger just one warning sound and it works ok:(A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) 5000 > if{ (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 1 (>G:Var1) 33947648 (>K:ADF2_COMPLETE_SET) } } els{ 0 (>G:Var1) }May be useful,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Jan,Thanks, my problem is that I would like to find out the best way to cover the yellow area sinkrate in the attached image. The warning is dependant upon both radio altitude and vertical speed. ie what is the best way to calculate whether you are within the yellow area/ red area?BrgdsEugen

Eugen,Not tested but you could try for Sinkrate:(A: Radio Height,feet) s0 10 > l0 2450 < (A:Vertical speed,feet per minute) (A: Radio Height,feet) / s1 1.64 > l1 2.46 < and and and if{ (G:Var1) 0 == if{ 1 (>G:Var1) 18 (>L:Sound,number) } } els{ 0 (>G:Var1) }Of course below 250 feet RA things change a bit.This code should give only one call.Hope it helps a little bit,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Jan,How did you calculate the values 1.64 to 2.46 ?Eugen

Eugen, From your figure, though perhaps not completely exact:Lower value: VS(5000 - 1000) : RA(2450 - 10) =4000 : 2440 = 1.64Upper value: VS(7000 - 1000) : RA(2455-10) =6000 : 2440 = 2.46 Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"