Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ronson2k

Center point in Spot View

Guest Ronson2k

Is there a way to change the center (focus) point of the spot view? I'm flying the C-119 Boxcar and the center point seems to be off to the starboard and right near the cockpit. Any help appreciated.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest Ronson2k

Anyone. I gotta think someone knows. Okay maybe a bit more explanation. I'm looking for the point in the Aircraft.CFG file that the spot view is pointing at. Then secondly if it can be changed with out to much trouble. If anyone has flown the C-119 you will know that the plane's spot view is just behind the cockpit door. This isn't the center of the aircraft. I would like to move it to a more central location.By the way I tried to edit the message but it would let me (edit time expired). So a second message was my only solution. Again if anywone could help I would appreciate it.No doubt about it...Ronson2k

Guest Milton

Ronson,The FS Reference is established in the modeling program. The is the point at which the modeler sets the aircraft at the center crosshairs grid which is apparently where you say it is, well ahead of the leading edge of the wing, just ahead of the prop line. This can only be changed in the model.If you look at the aircraft.cfg, you will see that the ref_data position is 19.25' ahead of the reference point. You will also notice that the CoG is at the FS reference point, that is -19.25 from the ref_datum point. That is likely why AFSD reports CoG at (negative) -55.59% of MAC.Hope this helps.

Guest Ronson2k

I think that helps in as much as it would be in the mdl file. From what your saying it can't be changed. Oh well it was worth it to find out if it could. I had thought maybe I had put the question in the wrong forum. In anycase thanks for your help.No doubt about it...Ronson2k