Sign in to follow this  
tedcook

Engine selection being ignored

The fs9 'E + n' command is not responding in twin engined aircraft that I have made and I have found the same problem in some other third party designs.Problem symptoms: 1. Both engines are running and responding as normal.2. Selecting Engine 1 using 'E + 1' gets the proper response(s).3. Then selecting both engines, 'E + 1 + 2', [or Eng. 2, 'E + 2'], does nothing and the system remains on Eng. 1 only.4. The seperate functions still work using the mouse.5. Four engined aircraft do not seem to be affected and all default aircraft work properly.Since some designers seem to have got it right I hope they , or anyone, can enlighten me. Regards Ted

Ted,The most likely cause is a gauge on the aircraft's panel that is continually firing a Key_Event. If an FS event is triggered between the time you hit the 'E' and the time you hit the '2' then the second keystroke will be lost, and you will be stuck with the E1 selection.The only real solution here is to eliminate all the non-stock gauges from the panel and start adding them one at a time until you find the offender.Doug

Guest _ak

noisy joistick also continuosly fires events

Doug. You were correct. It was one of my own gauges causing the problem. I have since set an Update Frequency of 1 sec and it will work -intermittently - if I am quick on the 1 + 2 buttons. Thank you for your fast response, I would have been ages suspecting another gauge._ak. I do also have a clapped out joystick.Regards to you both Ted

>noisy joistick also continuosly fires events>No, it doesn't ...That is: not the type of key-events that causes this problem.I.o.w.: a noisy controller does NOT introduce this problem; the "faulty" gauges that Doug talks about, do..It could even be wrong XML code (= code that continuously fires events) in the aircraft model that causes it.Rob

Guest _ak

>>noisy joistick also continuosly fires events>>>No, it doesn't ...It does :)I made little event catcher, my joystick continously moves ailerons and ailerons events comes and comes

Please re-read my first reaction.Yes, of course joystick axis DO generates events.But these events are processed differently in FS than events generated by keys/buttons.And hence a jittering controller axis DOESNOT cause the problem mentioned by the original poster.Still not convinced ?? :-)Do the following test.Start a flight with a default aircraft, and do a pushback...Test1.- Press (default key) Shift-P- The aircraft is going backwards.- Move your stick axis (ailerons, elevator AND throttle)- Type (default key) "1" for left turn.After a full length travel, the aircraft now turns.Test2.- Press (default key) Shift-P- The aircraft is going backwards.- Press (default key) F1, "Throttle cut"- Type (default key) "1" for left turn.The aircraft will now NOT turn anymore.Same goes for functions like select engine, select exit, etc etc Convinced now ??? :-)Cheers, Rob

Doug.Lots of tweaks and missing curly brackets but the gauge and panel are now working properly - (or as I wanted them to).Thanks to everyone for the input. Regards Ted