Sign in to follow this  
Guest Lionel Goh

Ugly still but......

Guest Mohawk_91

Hi all I am a happy camper at last. For years I wanted to make myown aircraft for flight sims but was put off by the modeling programs. Well I got FSDS and viola!!! all smiles. Sure it is for simpletons... but thats me nothing more encouraging than seeing your effort fly even if it isn't dressed up yet. A couple shots of my first weeks effort follows hopefully the detailed model will get done before long.Thanks Abacus Chuck

Guest Milton

Chuck,Congrats! on your first aircraft. I know it is a long and sometimes frustrating experience but the joy of reaching this milestone is only exceeded by the exhileration of the accomplishment. :-)There's absolutely nothing wrong with using FSDS and I hope you have many hours of pleasure out of your creations. Kudos on your achievement. :-)

Hmmm.... You need to tick off the .JPG box when attaching a picture file... The "text version" of the screenshot is indeed quite ugly! :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Milton

Nothing like a little positive reinforcement, huh Bill?

>Nothing like a little positive reinforcement, huh Bill?I'm simply pointing out that no one can SEE his model, since he posted the picture as a .txt file... :)I have NO idea what it looks like!

Fr. Bill    

Guest Milton

Ahhh, strange as it does appear here as a hyperlink which, upon clicking, yields the screenshot.

Hey, I know that airport! Got my private at KORL, and still rent there. :DGreat work on the model! Much better than I could ever do. :(

Guest FelixFFDS

>Hey, I know that airport! Got my private at KORL, and still>rent there. :D>>Great work on the model! Much better than I could ever do. :(>The missing portion of the East-West Expressway is NOT due to an FSDS fault!(good first try!)Felix/FFDSPegasus Aviation Design

>Ahhh, strange as it does appear here as a hyperlink which,>upon clicking, yields the screenshot.It's another example of "MScentricity..." If I copy/paste the link in IE, I indeed see a picture (which was sent to me via email by the author last week)... I told him then that it was an excellent first attempt! :)Since I throughly despise the IE browser, I use Netscape nearly all the time, so this is what I saw:

Fr. Bill    

Guest deKoven

>Hmmm.... You need to tick off the .JPG box when attaching a>picture file... The "text version" of the screenshot is indeed>quite ugly! :)Actually, for me it shows as a piccie even though it's tagged as a .txt file. In any case, it's better than I can do even WITH FSDS. :D

>Actually, for me it shows as a piccie even though it's tagged>as a .txt file. Ah, you must be using IE then... because with a real browser such as Netscape it's just so much text gibberish... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Guest Lionel Goh

:-lolbill, right click and save target as..then rename the file yourself ;)because a real computer user knows how to do that ;)

> :-lol>>bill, right click and save target as..>>then rename the file yourself ;)>>because a real computer user knows how to do that ;)Prudent computer users DON'T download unknown files to their hard drive... :) Aside from which that shouldn't be necessary. That's why the choices of file type are on the upload menu.

Fr. Bill    

Guest Lionel Goh

haha ..i was just kidding bill.. relax ;)