Sign in to follow this  
Ken Pryor

Delta and Northwest Agree to Combine

Guest V4DIV-CVN-70

This next comment may fuel some fires...(no pun or not)In all the news items on the airlines that have shut down(go,skybusetc..) they mention "Fuel Prices" as being a factor. You can also look over into the trucking industry and see a load of company shut downs. There have been alot of people over the last few years claiming the only reason we were in Iraq was for oil. Well I never believed that BUT if we dont see some kinda of change the the price of crude soon, I believe we may really end up in a war for oil.I too feel the crunch when driving my Chevy Silverado 3500 Duramax Desiel at $4.12 a gallon. ( if my credit was better i would down size)

> ...if we dont see some kinda of change the the price of crude soon, I believe we may really end up in a war for oil.But I thought.... wait, nevermind. :) If all the shutdowns were purely due to the price of oil, I would imagine that we'd be seeing more of it AND sharp spikes in the prices of nearly everything. I'm sure that fuel costs are making relatively tough economic times tougher for many businesses, but I have reservations in using oil as the major player in the fall of these businesses. It is likely that these businesses were in weakened financial positions to begin with, and the rising costs of fuel simply broke their backs.This is very much like the mortgage/bankruptcy situations where families were walking on VERY thin ice financially. One more negative influence will send them crashing into the water. There will be some transportation companies who are skating on the same thin ice...-Greg

Guest PARADISE

Won't be long now before FS will have more major carriers flying in the virtual USA than the country will in real life. With rumors now coming out that Continental and United are looking at possibly merging and American buying up the rest, except for Southwest. That won't leave many carriers left flying coast to coast...............although MS is considering merging Orbit and World airlines on FS11

>...although MS is considering>merging Orbit and World airlines on FS11I'm just hoping all of us Orbit stockholders don't get screwed over in the deal :DKP