Guest harvey crosby

Is anyone working on an update of the lovely Flight1 Cessna 421? It's my favourite tool-about-in, has a lovely flight model, but it's showing its age in MSFS terms - you couldn't exactly say it's photorealistic and the VC is very basic. Don't get me wrong - if I didn't love it so much I wouldn't be looking for an update!

Unless Flight1 is working on an update, don't look for anyone else to do so, since "anyone else" doesn't own the source file(s)...That's not to say that "anyone else" couldn't build an entirely new model, panel, textures and flight dynamics package if they wished to... :)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Its possible we could revisit it in the future if there is enough interest.... but it's pretty safe to say that it certainly won't be for free.Regards,Jim Rhoads

Jim....Your 421C still stands the test of time in my opinion. It's every bit as competitive today as other MSFS aircraft in its genre and I'd still buy it again today "as is". Maybe I need to post some more 421C screenshots :)-John

Guest harvey crosby

Oh yes please, Jim - for my money (ahem) it's the best light twin around from a flying interest point of view (especially Reality XP-equipped) and I'd be first in the queue.But I'd wish for photorealistic interiors like, say, those in Dreamfleet's singles - and a fully functional VC. Much as I love the a/c it's simply not true any longer that "you will be hard pressed to find another FS model with this level of detail and accuracy." As AVSIM's review neatly put it, "At the time of its release this package was groundbreaking." [source of quotes: Flight1's product page]. I know there's a debate about 2D versus VC by the way but I'm now firmly in the latter camp - and I'd defy anyone who's experienced the immersion of something like Real Air's Spitfire to want to sit looking at a flat panel ...

Guest Larry S

"Its possible we could revisit it in the future if there is enough interest"Here's more interest. Still my favorite.While I'd like to see maybe a special upgrade price, like John said, I'd buy it again regardless.

Thanks!The GNS430 is to be released soon by Reality XP. I was lucky to get to try a pre-release copy - very nice! You don't lose much with the smaller screen, but it fits better into crowded places...

Bert