Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Scam alert!!

Ray, send me your password in email and I will log into your account and see what I can do.

Thanks Tom. You have a PM.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Eek

>Man, those Nigerians certainly get about :-wave >>I wish I'd kept all the different versions of these scam mails>that I've received over the years, you could publish them>together to make an amusing book :-)Why would you even open it in the first place? This has always confuzzled me. :-hmmm EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9 on WinXPPro (SP1)

Guest Grahame Myers

The mails are nearly always pure text format, and are "open" anyway. And if my virus scanner(NOD32)says it's been scanned and is "clean", why not have a bit of a chuckle before I transfer it to the trashcan? :-)regardsGrahame

<>Programs like MailWasher Pro allow you to read the message whilst it's still on the mail server. You can then bounce it without ever downloading it.I read some of them because the use of English is so bad it's entertaining.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

If it's on your screen, you downloaded it. That particular message might not be in the file your mail reader uses for its "Inbox", but SOME application downloaded it off the server and stored it in your computer's memory, else the OS wouldn't be able to display the text. If enough applications are running the text will end up in the swap file on your hard drive for a while too.

Even if I did download it it was not removed from the mail server so I still had the ability to bounce or delete it.Once my mail program has downloaded it it's no longer on the server and I can't bounce or delete it. That's the beauty of MailWasher.Anyway, I'm mystified by the purpose of your post.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Eek

>Anyway, I'm mystified by the purpose of your post.Probably not as mystified as I am that people open mail they know is spam. If people wouldn't open this crap, there'd be less of it going around. Even more mysteriously, some people who open them, are actually stupid enough to fall for the scam. Absolutely mind blowing.:-hang EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)

You clearly don't understand what MailWasher does. I suggest you go and read about it.I'm well used to scams and have never fallen for one.Your sig tells me a great deal about you.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Eek

I'll check out MailWasher.What does my sig tell you, other than I'm not fond of big government and my system is a bit out of date? EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)

It tells me that you think guns should be freely available to everyone, not that you're anti "big government". As a Brit that's not something I'm comfortable with. But for you Americans I suppose it's just a way of life as it's in your Constitution.Anyway, this is way off topic so I'll draw a line on that subject. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Eek

The quote is commentary on the excessive size of the federal gov't of the U.S., not on guns, necessarily. The fact that there is a Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms is proof enough that we have lost control of our government. They should change the name of that agency to what it really is... The Bureau of Women Have Been Given Sufferage and Wish to Control Their Husbands by Expanding the Powers of the Federal Government to Whatever Extent Necessary, Detriment to Liberty Be Damned, and Politicians Will Sell the Soul of Their Mother for Votes.As for firearms, Americans will never give them up. They're as natural as sunshine. It rather saddens me when people who consider themselves free and enlightened, as I assume you do, would forego such a basic right in the name of a false sense of security.But, as you say, this is off topic, and we will never agree anyway. Perhaps we can find common ground elsewhere. EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)

LOL! I wasn't going to respond but after your reply I couldn't resist.If you think you've got problems over there try living in the UK. We're now the most spied-on nation on Earth with CCTV everywhere. We have our DNA taken and placed on a government database along with terrorists, rapists and other criminals if we're arrested (but not charged) for an offence. Our government is handing over our sovereignty to the European Union and we are not allowed any say in the matter despite a promise to hold a referendum.You might not like what your government is doing but at least you are in charge of your own destiny. For us, it doesn't matter who we vote in (or out) - our real political masters now reside in Brussels (home of the EU). Perhaps you don't feel so hard done to now. ;-)As for guns, not having them is totally natural to us. Two great nations divided by more than language it seems. :-)

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Eek

It's funny you mention the cameras, since I was going to ask you how many times your image would be captured today, but decided not to bring it up, fearing opening another can of worms. Quite frightening, what your government thinks it has the right to do.They're doing the DNA here, if you're accused (not convicted). I also had to submit fingerprints just to get my driver's license renewed. Of course, it's all for my "safety". Frankly, I'd rather be murdered and the killer get away, than have to submit my personal information to a government database.It doesn't matter who we vote for, either. Democrat, Republican, or Tin Foil Hat Party. They have their own agendas, and only consider the will of the people, or the cause of freedom, to the extent it will get them (re)elected.It's a sad irony your country, after many thousands of brave Brits died fighting off oppressive foreign rule, cheerfully accept it a few decades later.As far as the guns go, they're completely useless if the people are unwilling to use them. Most Americans are oblivious to the threat to their freedom from their own government. We're fat, happy pigs. Completely unaware of our impending slaughter. Bacon sandwich, anyone? Sun's up, time for bed. :-cool EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)

<>They use the threat of terrorism as the reason to limit our freedoms. They will say "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear". Funny how they don't say whether they would allow their own families details to be placed on a database. One rule for them - another for us.<>Don't your civil liberty groups get up in arms about this? I had to have my fingerprints taken at KATL when I came over in 2006 for the AvSim show in Washington. I wasn't best pleased. I don't think we insist on fingerprinting US citizens at our airports yet but it's only a matter of time.<>Tell me about it although I'm not sure about the 'cheerful' bit. I'm sure many old soldiers are appalled at this and previous governments attitude towards what is effectively communism by a different name. Did you hear about the 'No' vote to the EU Constitution in France and Denmark a couple of years ago ? Their governments were told to rerun the referendum and come up with the correct response! See any similarities with Zimbabwe? :-mad <>That's definitely the case over here. Only the crims would use them and as they seem to have no problem getting hold of them now not much would change.<>:-lol Wonderful! With irony like that you should be a Brit!

Ray (Cheshire, England).
Cheadle Hulme Weather