Sign in to follow this  
Guest Eek

Scam alert!!

Ok, I'll let it go, Ray has persuaded me. Keep it civil and respect the international audience, etc, etc.Also, I'll accept bribes.

I received the following PM just now. Don't know who or where to report it - but I have a funny feeling it's a scam ;-)"Need Your Help Please!From: amanda abuDate: Apr 15th 2008 Need Your Help Please! Hello Dear, Due to my careful search for an honest, reliable and sincere business partner, i got your contact from Internet and i ask if you can be trusted not to break an agreement? Still, it took me time to make up my mind to contact you and to offer you this proposal of mine of which my whole life depends on. My name is Miss Amanda Abdul the daughter of Mr. Bekih Abdul of blessed memory from Zimbabwe.During the current crises against the farmers in Zimbabwe from the supports of President Robert Mugabe to claim all the white-owned farms to his party members and his followers, he ordered all white farmers to surrender all farms to his party members and his followers. My father is One of the most successful multy farmers in our country and because he did not support Mugabe`s ideas, Mugabes supporters invaded his farm and burnt everything in the farm, killing him and made away with a lot of items in my fathers farm. Before his death, my father had deposited with BANK IN ABROAD the sum of (USD $6.5 MILLION). After the death of my father, I decided to move to , then to GHANA where l re-located under political asylum as a refugee to seek for foriegn partner overseas that will assist me to move this money out of THE BANK to your country as i have made up my mind to invest and live in your country. As an asylum seeker, i am not allowed to operate any Bank Account within ACCRA -GHANA.I have agreed to offer you 10% of the total sum for your assistance as soon as the money get`s into your account while 5% will be mapped out for any expences that may be incurred in the course of this transaction both local and international. I want truth and honest to be our watch word in this transaction and please treat this transaction with strictly confidential for the successful out come of it. All I want you to do is to furnish me with your personal phone and fax numbers and also your private e-mail address for easy and urgent communication. Note that this transaction is 100% Risk free and absolutely confidential. Thanks and God bless you. Pleas contact me with this email amandaabdul28@yahoo.com Sincerely Yours, Amanda Abdul."

Gavin Barbara

Over 10 years here and AVSIM is still my favourite FS site :-)

Guest Eek

><right to do.>>>>They use the threat of terrorism as the reason to limit our>freedoms. They will say "if you have nothing to hide you have>nothing to fear". Funny how they don't say whether they would>allow their own families details to be placed on a database.>One rule for them - another for us.Nothing to hide, nothing to fear. I hear that a lot over here, too. Some Americans have never read the Bill of Rights, it seems...Amendment IVThe right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.Nothing fuzzy in that language.><convicted). I also had to submit fingerprints just to get my>driver's license renewed.>>>>Don't your civil liberty groups get up in arms about this? I>had to have my fingerprints taken at KATL when I came over in>2006 for the AvSim show in Washington. I wasn't best pleased.>I don't think we insist on fingerprinting US citizens at our>airports yet but it's only a matter of time.The ACLU is the only one with any real influence, and they've really become more of a political organization, than a defender of civil liberties. With the people in general being apathetic, the smaller organizations just don't have enough influence. They huff and they puff, but they can't stop it.><Brits died fighting off oppressive foreign rule, cheerfully>accept it a few decades later.>>>>Tell me about it although I'm not sure about the 'cheerful'>bit. I'm sure many old soldiers are appalled at this and>previous governments attitude towards what is effectively>communism by a different name. Did you hear about the 'No'>vote to the EU Constitution in France and Denmark a couple of>years ago ? Their governments were told to rerun the>referendum and come up with the correct response! See any>similarities with Zimbabwe? :-mad I'm sure not all Brits were cheerful, but it certainly was a swift coup. Not so swift in France or Denmark. Correct response? :-lol ><people are unwilling to use them.>>>>That's definitely the case over here. Only the crims would use>them and as they seem to have no problem getting hold of them>now not much would change.>><slaughter. Bacon sandwich, anyone? >>>>:-lol Wonderful! With irony like that you should be a Brit!It must be in the blood, since I'm descended from the same Saxon kings as your Queen, which I guess makes her a distant cousin. I suppose I come by it honestly. :-lolHope that last part doesn't get you up in arms! :-bang Sorry, couldn't resist.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)

<>Well it's not over and done with yet. There is a private legal challenge in the courts at the moment challenging the governments's decision not to have a referendum. It was in the Labour party's manifesto but they're wriggling out of calling one because they say the Lisbon Treaty is different to the EU Constitution. It's actually about 90% the same. Bloody politicians!!:-madAs for France and Denmark they aren't allowing referendums this time. Only Ireland is and they have to as it's in their constitution. Let's hope they vote no. There's a good chance because there's the possibility of a lot of technology-based jobs being lost because of the EU's planned higher tax plans for business. If one country votes No it's dead in the water (allegedly!).<>:-lol Those Saxon kings were a right dodgy lot! Just don't expect me to address you as M'Lud or Your Highness!:-lol

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest Eek

>:-lol Those Saxon kings were a right dodgy lot! Just don't>expect me to address you as M'Lud or Your Highness!:-lol :-lol My wing of the dodgy lot gave up the English titles about 350 years ago when they came to America, so I'm usually just called by names I can't repeat here. :-hah I suspect that dodgy lot in Brussels will do more damage to Britain than the Saxons ever dreamed of.EwingKATLAlcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a store, not a government agency.MSI K8N Neo2 PlatinumAMD Opteron 185 2.6 Ghz Dual Core2GB Kingston HyperX (2X1GB) Dual Channel DDR 2-3-2-6 @ 1TXFX nVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS 256MB DDR3 AGPSound Blaster Audigy LSSilverStone Decathlon 750W +12v@60A +5v@30AFS9.1 on WinXPPro (SP1)