Sign in to follow this  
Guest airhead

Failing XML fuel pressure gauge

Guest mtom

Hi all.Would someone be good enough to show me why the following XML code does not work in FS2K2 (please see below). It's for a twin engine fuel pressure gauge, which I'm trying to apply to a Pby. I suspect the problem is in the 'Rotate' parameters. Specifially, I think the "(A:General Eng Fuel Pressure:2,psi)" code is incorrect. However, my experiments have yeilded nothing. If anyone know what code needs to be replaced or inserted, I'd really appreciate it.Cheers,Matthew.(A:General Eng Fuel Pressure:2,psi)(A:General Eng Fuel Pressure:1,psi)

Guest airhead

Greetings again Matthew,Just looked at it quickly, but I think your issue (without knowing exactly what isn't working) might be with the way you have specified your parameter values. What I mean by that is in the use of the ":1" and ":2". As far as I know, that method for designating engines is only supported in FS2004 and you stated that you are using this gauge in FS2002. I suspect you are using the FS2004 Panel SDK for ref. Try using "ENG1 FUEL PRESSURE" or "GENERAL ENG1 FUEL PRESSURE" instead of "General Eng Fuel Pressure:1". For engine #2 just change ENG1 to ENG2 in whichever of the above paramters you decide to use. There might be some other things going on in your code as well (and I'm not saying there is), but as it is 3 AM, my brain has ceased functioning and I can go no further. If that doesn't work for you, I may have another go at it when I get some sleep.

Guest mtom

Ah, yer a ledgend Dave!Did the trick nicely. Managed to recalibrate the gauge, too. Learning all the time :-)(Think we got a time delay between Oz and your location. Presume it's the US).Thanks again.Cheers,Matthew.

Guest airhead

Matthew,Good to hear you got it sorted out. Not sure what happened with the post timing, but hey it all turned out ok. As far as the legend thing goes, well, that may be quite a stretch. :( Most everything I know in regards to XML was either learned from folks like Arne Bartels (a true legend :) ) and a few others who post here or the hard way (which translates to spending waaay to many hours slogging through code, sacrificing sleep and sanity in the process). The latter tends to be the case quite often and the dark rings around my eyes and permanent look of confusion on my face are constant reminders. Anyway, good luck with your PBY project.