Sign in to follow this  
Guest misho

Effects tied in to XML gauges...

Guest misho

I would like my helicopter to have a rotor wash effect fx_rtr_lnd.fx to show up everywhere, not only over designated areas. I looked everywhere to figure out how to do this before asking for help here, but I'm at the end. I looked into many examples and I cannot figure it out. From what I understand, I can tie in an XML gauge to one of the lights in the aircraft.cfg file. This is what I have so far: (I have "learned" this from a third party freeware aircraft that has an exhaust effect tied to the wingtip lights): (A:SMOKE ENABLE,number) 1 < (A:GENERAL ENG RPM,percent) 5 > (A:PLANE ALT ABOVE GROUND,feet) 20 < && && && && if{ (A:LIGHT WING,number) 1 < if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } } els{ (A:LIGHT WING,number) 0 > if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } } Essentially, I want this to work 20 feet or less off the ground, and at 5% of the RPM or more. I think I set conditions right. I am not an XML programmer (willing to learn though) but I think my logic is right. That is, the rotor wash will work only with the above conditions, AND, if the light are on (unfortunately, but I can live with that). This method does work on the freeware aircraft (jet) but not on my helicopter. Any Ideas? Thanks in advance.Also, is there any other way of doing this? I thought I was onto something in the "makemdl.parts.xml", in the section:light_landfx_landingtruelight_statesLIGHT_LANDING_MASKI tried to tie a part in my model with the effect and inserting some conditions, but no joy. Is this possible, am I on the right track? Any help would be very much appreciated!Misho

Misho, Not sure why you have the "smoke enable" tag in, maybe an alternate effect? If so, the bottom the code below should work as long as smoke is turned off. (A:SMOKE ENABLE,bool) 0 == (A:GENERAL ENG RPM,percent) 5 > (A:Radio height, feet) 20 < && && if{ (A:LIGHT WING,bool) 0 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } } els{ (A:LIGHT WING,bool) 1 == if{ (>K:TOGGLE_WING_LIGHTS) } }Also for a light effect to work it must also be defined in the {electrical} section in the aircraft.cfg for electricity to be applied whether a light or not.Regards,Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest misho

Thanks Roman, I'll give this a go!