Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

Problem with landing gear

Actually its all of the animation . I have a SR71 Blackbird and the landing gear, chutes and rudder movement will not display. Now on my friends computer, the exact same plane does display. We both downloaded a FS2004 SR71 and the gear does not display on either of our computers. I have read that planes created with some design programs DO have trouble showing up the animated surfaces and itmes in Fs9. But why would the same exact plane show the gear on his computer, but not mine? We have checked all the display settings in FS and set them identical. We do have different Nvidia cards. What else to check?

Yes, I DO have this problem (everyone does), just didn't see the post.Your conclusion is correct; it's just an old model that contains some features not properly supported by FS9 anymore.Now, if you want to know why the gear doesn't show on your PC, but DOES show on your friends: you installed it differently.At first time run, FS9 gives a warning about not-supported features, and asks if they should be suppressed; you clicked Yes, your friend No.This "answer" is saved in the fs9.cfg file, under:[FrameCallNoWarn]On your PC it says:Lockheed SR-71A=0On your friend PC it says:Lockheed SR-71A=1Cheers, Rob

Actually its all of the animation . I have a SR71 Blackbird and the landing gear, chutes and rudder movement will not display. Now on my friends computer, the exact same plane does display. We both downloaded a FS2004 SR71 and the gear does not display on either of our computers. I have read that planes created with some design programs DO have trouble showing up the animated surfaces and itmes in Fs9. But why would the same exact plane show the gear on his computer, but not mine? We have checked all the display settings in FS and set them identical. We do have different Nvidia cards. What else to check?
My experience with the problem you describe is when the AIR and CFG files for the distribution are mis-matched. A common problem is when the distribution has spaces in the file names. Some email programs or file systems will take out the spaces or substitute them with underscores. This causes references to these files names to not find the files. You may also have the files in the wrong locations due to errors in extracting or again, files getting mis-named in the download/extracting process. That your friend can get the model to work is a clue you need to take another very careful look at the differences between his filenames and locations and yours.-Pv-