Sign in to follow this  
Guest Elder

T-38C Panel

Guest CMSUpilot

Hey everyone,I am currently in UPT for the Air Force and am just about to start flying the T-38C. I was wondering if anyone knows of a T-38C panel that is anywhere, or if anyone is looking to make one. If someone is looking to make one, I could help out with some info, but I have no experience with panel design.Thanks,Allenhttp://www.airforcelife.net/images/banner.jpghttp://www.airforcelife.net

First of all, I guess the majority of people in here is of US origin, but would you be so kind to explain a lil' poor boy from Europe what UPT is? ;)Other than that, I guess FSD modelled the T-38 quite a while ago, for FS2K2 though. You might wanna try that one anyways. Not sure if it represents the 'C' model though, it just says T-38. *:-*Click [a href=http://www.fsdinternational.net/files/T38/FSDT382k2.exe]here[/a] to download.RegardsEtienne :-wave

Guest Bassy

UPT stands for "Ugly Pilot under Training", or something like that ;o)Bassy

If you are referring to the latest, upgraded panel, then no...http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?storyID=123006841"The cockpit is an amazing array of new, high-technology equipment and radios, including a large glass cockpit display," Colonel Loeppke said. "This computer-driven display screen can present information from various sources, ranging from engine and flight performance to navigation based on (Global Positioning System) data. The system can also display and record data related to the training lesson in progress. Above the instrument panel is a new heads-up display device capable of showing the same kind of information a fighter pilot sees in a combat aircraft during a dog fight."Since there are no cockpit photos available, much less the very detailed information that is required to accurately code the new gauges, it is unlikely to be done soon by anyone.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest CMSUpilot

To answer some questions, UPT stands for Undergraduate Pilot Training. There is quite a bit of new stuff in the C model, and the FSD model is of the T-38A. The only difference as of now is the avionics, but the C models are getting new engines real soon. If anyone feels like making this panel, I can provide pictures of the instrument panel and explain a lot of it.Allen

Guest Elder

Good luck with flight training. I'm in the U.S. Coast Guard ... currently in the fixed wing pipeline at NAS Corpus Christi. Should get my wings March 18, then off to fly C-130's in Clearwater, FL. Looking for someone to make a few gauges for a T-44A (Beech C90) panel upgrade... grrr if only I had time right now to learn :|

Guest otisred

Allen,I'm working on a T-38C panel for FS2004. Details about how the UFCP and MFD work together are unclear to me. I would appreciate any help you could give. I sent you an email to the address you have registered with this forum. I'll look forward to hearing back from you.Brian