Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Newbie here

Guest High Octane

Newbie here, I'm planning on creating own gauge... What would be the best way to start? I have collected .c files for gauges which does tell the function of each gauges, button, switches and etc. I am able to understand it a little since I have a little skill in C++ well, am not a programmer guru or math geek, At least I can always learn it, that's not a problem for me. But, the only problem is I am unable to know how I could convert it from .c into .gau or maybe .gau into .c ... Aren't there any converter or resources that is able to convert it? And isn't it free = )??Okay, I have looked into panel.cfg.. I am able to understand it part of it except for those number such as...gauge00=737-400.autopilot,266,6,278,4Of course my understanding it tells the first gauge which indicate "00" to be found from B737-400.autopilot... the numbers?? I am uncertain with these numbers.In order to become familar how to gauges work, how to implement it in panel or panel.cfg or more...Would there be any tutorial or some good resources that clearly explain everything for the beginner? Just lemme know Any help from you would be MUCH appreciated.

Ok, so you apparently have done some C/C++ already. For "converting" a *.c file into a *.gau file, you need a usual C/C++ compiler, for a *.gau is nothing else than a Windows DLL with *.gau extension.The numbers simply tell you where the gauge is placed and what dimensions it should get. The format is x-position, y-position, width, height.I'm afraid there is no real generic total beginners tutorial out there, but you might wanna have a look at sd2gau17.zip as well as the Panels & Gauges SDK. :-)Etienne :-wave

Guest High Octane

sd2gau17.zip where do I find them? In Avsim library? Yup, I tried.... they dont have anything in there.

sd2gau17.zip is available in the flightsim.com library. Search for Dai Griffiths.Doug

Have you downloaded the Building Panels and Gauges SDK from Microsoft?