Sign in to follow this  

After searching this forum I have learned that wing views from inside the pax cabin are controlled by the designer of the aircraft and included with the model. Well that was a relief because I had thought it was a .bmp file and since I couldnt find one it now makes sense since the wings show moving parts etc, and not a static picture.Anyway after all that I downloaded a plane that claimed wing views but I couldnt see it with the panel I was using. Again after much search I found some lines added into a panel.cfg file that "activated" these views and now I see them.My question for the experts :-) How can I learn which ref window controls which view? For example some of the lines I added in for the wing views also had the same fixed window pointer as the default view with a supplied .bmp file. I had to // out the latter to see the wing.Hope I explained it properly.ThanksBill

BillThere are two ways of showing a wing view.The first is for the designer to include an interior model. This shows the modelled aircraft and, as far as I know, can't be changed.The second is not to include an interior model (or to omit the wings from it). In this case, separate bitmaps can be used.For reasons that escape me, some models have both when it's necessary to comment out the bitmaps.You can check out the panel.cfg file to see what bitmaps it includes.Regards

Yes I think the way you put it makes sense. So that interior model would be part of the main .mdl file? What I would like to know is what in that mdl file points to the wing views so that I know what to reference. eg (windowsxx)= left wing etc etc...Some of the aircraft designers dont want to be bothered with this and say ask the panel people :-)ThanksBill

BillYes, the interior model is part of the .mdl file. There's nothing in the .mdl file that actually points to a particular view. I think the way to find out is visually and by checking panel.cfg. If the wing view looks photreal or differnt to the apperance of the external view of the aircraft it probably uses a bitmapI looked into a panel.cfg file for an aircraft that uses bit maps for wing views. Near the beginning are a series of lines that identify the views as follows:Fixed Window31=LEFTFixed Window32=REAR_LEFTFixed Window33=REARFixed Window34=REAR_RIGHTFixed Window35=RIGHTFixed Window36=FORWARD_RIGHTFurther in the file there were a set of lines, one set for each Fixed Window. The set for Fixed Window31 is:[Fixed Window31]file=left.bmp position=7visible=0ident=31render_3d_window=1window_size= 1.000, 1.000window_pos= 0.000, 0.000It only seems necessary to commment out, for example,Fixed Window31=LEFT to prevent left.bmp being displayed. There's no need tocomment out the corresponding set.Regards

Yes I think you are right. I // out 32 33 and 34 and the wings showed up in place of the supplied bmp files. I am therefore wondering if these view numbers (31-36) are reserved for the wing views to show if the designer puts them in the mdl file.You have been very helpfulthanksBill