Sign in to follow this  
ddawson

Problems with Doug's XML Sound Gauge

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi All,First of all I would like to thank Doug for his wonderful gauge. At the moment I'm playing a little bit with the dsd_xml_sound3.gau, but it seems that I'm running into a couple of problems.Here's problem one:I want to make an aircondition switch which has a looped sound when the following conditions are okay:(L:Pack1Air Available,bool) (L:Pack2Air Available,bool) || (L:Essential AC enabled, bool) (L:Flightdeck Fan,bool) && && if{ (L:Aircond_Switch,enum) 0 == (L:Aircond_Switch,enum) 1 == || if{ 2 (>L:Aircond_Switch,enum) } } els{ (L:Aircond_Switch,enum) 2 == if{ 0 (>L:Aircond_Switch,enum) } }The Pack Air is available, Essential AC is available and the Air condition switch (L:Flightdeck Fan,bool) is also on. Nevertheless there's no sound. The ini file looks like that:[Config]MaxSounds=15Lvar=Test_sound_idLvarStop=Test_Stop[sounds]Sound00=./Sound/ML_Click.wavSound01=./Sound/ML_Toggle.wavSound02=./Sound/ML_Belts.wavSound03=./Sound/ML_Smoking.wavSound04=./Sound/ML_rotary.wavSound05=./Sound/ML_aircond.wav[LVars]Lvar00=ClickLvar01=Toggle_SwitchLvar02=Seatbelts_SoundLvar03=SmokingLvar04=RotaryLvar05=Aircond_SwitchThe sound files are all in the correct folder, loud enough and except the "ML_Smoking" sound (which is my second problem) all others work without any problem. The panel.cfg looks like this:gauge51=ML_ARJv40_Sound!dsd_xml_sound3, 1025,140,5,5, .GaugesML_ARJv40.cfgMy next problem is similar to the first. Here I want to make a 3 position No Smoking switch which has a "Ding" sound (not looped) when DC2 is available. Here's the click code:No Smoking Sign Switch(L:No smoking sign, enum) 0 == if{ 1 (>L:No smoking sign, enum) 1 (>L:Click,bool) (L:DC2 enabled, bool) if{ 1 (>L:Smoking,bool) } } els{ (L:No smoking sign, enum) 1 == if{ 2 (>L:No smoking sign, enum) 1 (>L:Click,bool) (L:DC2 enabled, bool) if{ 1 (>L:Smoking,bool) } } }(L:No smoking sign, enum) 2 == if{ 1 (>L:No smoking sign, enum) 1 (>L:Click,bool) (L:DC2 enabled, bool) if{ 1 (>L:Smoking,bool) } } els{ (L:No smoking sign, enum) 1 == if{ 0 (>L:No smoking sign, enum) 1 (>L:Click,bool) (L:DC2 enabled, bool) if{ 1 (>L:Smoking,bool) } } }DC2 is given but the No Smoking sound could not be heard. I have also tried 1 (>L:Smoking,enum) but also without any luck. I don't think that it is a problem in the code, because it works with Bill Morad's old Afterburner method. For me it seem's that, as soon as I'm using an If command, the sound won't be played. I'm sure the problem is somewhere in my configuration for Doug's sound gauge. Hope someone can help.Best RegardsMatthias

Matthias,This may be an issue with the L:Vars not being defined on the panel window that the gauge is placed on.Send me an e-mail at the address noted in my profile and I will send you a version of the gauge that I think will correct the problem.Regards,Doug

Matthias and Doug,I had the same problem.When gauges with a sound effect are placed on a subpanel, pedestal or overhead, often they cannot be heared.I solved this by making a "special" sound section in which most effects are placed and this gauge is on he main panel, which is always open at startup.Secondly i made a code which opens the subpanels with sound at startup.Now all sounds are working.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Hi Guys,Well, this problem DOES sound familiar :-)I also detected this problem just before I published the COP V2.0 package; Doug solved it, but didn't publish it yet as far as I know.(Doug: maybe a good idea to upload the new version :-) ??)If you want the latest version of dsd_xml_sound3.gau fast (which solves this problem of sounds not working if the soundvariable is not used in an XML gauge directly on panel-load):Download package rcbco-20.zip. It contains a file "COP_Sound.gau" which is a renamed version of the latest "dsd_xml_sound3.gau".Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi All,Yes, the problem was caused because Doug's gauge was placed in the main panel while the soundgauges were placed in a separate not visible overhead window. Yesterday evening I got a corrected version from Doug (thanks once again for the fast help!) which solves this problem. The revision date of this new gauge was yesterday, so I think Doug is still working on it. I'm sure he will upload the new version as soon as everything is ready.Best RegardsMatthias

>Hi All,>>Yes, the problem was caused because Doug's gauge was placed in>the main panel while the soundgauges were placed in a separate>not visible overhead window. Yesterday evening I got aI always place gauges like Doug's sound gauge (and any other automated gauges) in one of the VC sections, as they are loaded whether you visit the VC or not. Would doing this solve your problem? I've not run into a stitch of trouble with Doug's fantastic sound gauge. (well I did once run into a looping problem when it wasn't supposed to, but that was caused by my code! LOL)

In this case it would not solve the problem. The problem arises with L:Vars that are initialized after the sound gauge is loaded. I will upload the repaired gauge shortly. In the mean time, as Rob has pointed out, the version included in the carrier ops pack has the fix included - it will solve anyone's immediate problems.Doug