Sign in to follow this  
Guest Peter Bruun

Panel Design with ABACUS or ??

Guest Peter Bruun

Hello You GuysIm considering making a Panel from scrach after digital Photos taken in the real thing, maybee with use of default gauges or addons.I would like to hear (before investing my hard earned money) if anyone with experience, can tell me if Abacus Panel Studio is applicable in combining cool photo design and default gauges, or is there a better solution, suitable for e Newbee like me ?.Any advice is appreciatedBest RegardsJP ;o)WWW.VirtualAirports.dk

FS Panel Studio is the only game in town! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Peter Bruun

Hello BillThanks for reply,...ButI have looked into the desciption of Abacus Panel Studio, and from outside i cant se if its ok for the intended use, combining photo and diff. gauges withinn FS, and not only being limited to a "ready to use" set withinn the program itselves. Is APS a tool where you (as withinn scenery design) can edit, apply and create your own panel. :-jumpy Best RgdsJP ;o)

Hi,I only use MSPaint and Notepad with acceptable results.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

FSPS is a totally WYSIWYG platform. I don't know how else to describe it.With it you can visually create any custom panel you want from the ground up, providing you have already prepared your bitmaps for the panel in Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, or any "paint program" that can save 24 bit .bmp files.The latest version will find gauges in either the gauges folder or the aircraft's panel folder, it will "clean" your gauge folder for unused gauges and move them to a backup folder (or delete them if you wish).It will open XML type gauges and allow you to either modify the code or edit/replace the graphics.It will extract .bmp files from standard .gau type gauges and allow you to edit/replace them, although you cannot change any of the internal code.It will create and manage all the various "Views" that you might wish to use, again provided you have created the needed bitmaps, or are using the VC model itself to provide the visible bits.In short, it is a fantastic package that no professional should do without, nor should anyone who's seriously interested in doing panel development.Yes, as Jan said, notepad and a paint program are the minimum requirements, but then we could easily argue that computers aren't needed to communicate either: we could simply use pencil, paper, and the postoffice! ;)It all comes down to efficiency and ease of use...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest Peter Bruun

Bill, this is Just the Program im looking for !Thanks a Lot for your Great reply JP :-wave

Guest Peter Bruun

Hej JanI have tried to change coordinates for instruments, but find it VERY time consuming Thanks for replyJP ;o)