Sign in to follow this  
rcbarend

XML initialization code

Guest dko60202

My XML Question of the Day: Is it possible to have XML code that gets executed just once, at gauge (or panel) load time? That is, without setting my own flag and testing it every frame...

No, not possible.But the trick to protect it with a flag works perfect.Don't be worried about performance... The schedule overhead of a gauge that should run only once (but now is scheduled everytime) is not noticeable.But if you are still worried about (if you have an extremely complex panel, with lots of gauges containing such code): Make one gauge that does this initialisation (using L:vars), and let this run with UpdateFrequency 1 (1 schedule per second).But again, it's not worth the effort IMO.Cheers, Rob Barendregt

Guest dko60202

Perfect, thanks Rob!Douglas

If I understand you correctly, yes it is possible. I have a number of gauges where default values are set on panel load, and do this just once. If you say(G:Var1) if equals zero then set, say, your variable (click or L type)and in the same statement set (G:Var1) to 1, and the variable setting will not be repeated.Nick.

Guest dko60202

Thanks Nick. I believe this is the solution Rob recommended as well.

>Thanks Nick. I believe this is the solution Rob recommended>as well.Yes.Which was (I assume) you already suggested yourself in your original post :-)Cheers, Rob