Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

A300 HNAC Panel...

I've just installed a complete new download of the really nice A300 Panel for the HNAC A300. For some reason though, there is no mouse points for the Course knob, even though the code is clearly present! All the other mouse points on the same gauge work fine, but not this section: (L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC)(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC)(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC) }Can anyone spot something wrong here?

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Bill,Indeed a beatiful panel.The code seems ok.Something to try:(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 < (L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 > and or2. (L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 =!3. Watch the spaces?4. Comment out the Mousewheel.Have no idea.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

When I said "no mouse points," I meant precisely that...When moving the mouse around the target area, the cursor doesn't even show that there are supposed to be mouse points: no "hand," no "plus/minus" sign, nothing... *:-*

Fr. Bill    

Bill,Had a closer look (hope we are talking about the same panel!?)I found in the glareshield: (L:DC_ESS_Bus,bool)%((L:DH, feet) 999 min 0 max)%!4d!So OBS is outcommented.and in the clicksection: (L:DH, feet) 0 > if{ (L:DH, feet) 10 - (>L:DH, feet) } (L:DH, feet) 300 < if{ (L:DH, feet) 10 + (>L:DH, feet) } also outcommented OBS.is this the problem?(Didn't read any manual)Found also a not working CRS selector.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

That must be a different panel altogether you are looking at then. This is the one I'm looking at:http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=59420 (panel package)http://library.avsim.net/download.php?DLID=59824 (patch to enable FSNav)Specifically, I'm looking in the A306.CAB file at the r_nav.xml gauge.The "give away" is that in the mouse section I quoted the conditional variable is L:NAVmodes,enum and the snippet you quoted is using L:DH,feetOn this panel, whenever L:NAVmodes,enum is 1, then I do see the course displayed on the gauges' display, but the mouse "hotspots" aren't active at all. Just to the left of the course knob is the NAV1 tuning knob, which functions just fine... Here are both mouse sections: (L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_INC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_DEC_CARRY) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_INC_CARRY) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_DEC_CARRY) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_INC_CARRY) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_INC_CARRY) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_FRACT_DEC_CARRY) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_INC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_INC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:NAV1_RADIO_WHOLE_DEC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC)(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC)(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_INC) }(L:NAVmodes,enum) 1 == ! if{ (>K:VOR1_OBI_DEC) }According the the Left, Right, Top and Bottom coordinates, there should be no problem... It would be one thing if the code didn't work, but quite another that the cursor doesn't even change to show that there IS a area defined...

Fr. Bill    

Bill,It seems I didn't look good enough.It is the same panel, but i only opened the glareshield gauge!That is were the code came from.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Ah, I see. I didn't look at the glareshield code 'cause the course knob is on the FMC/Radio popup panel... ;)

Fr. Bill    

Bill,After a closer look and activating the "(G:Var)" codes in the glareshield gauge i was able to use the OBS and DH knobs with a functioning CRS indication on the ND.Strange enough the CRS selector on the FMC window worked ok for me??But.... no way to change the frequency of the NAV1 and NAV2 radios.First time I looked at an Airbus.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

The gauge author explained that the reason the code was commented out of the glareshield gauge was that the Airbus doesn't have a CRS knob up there in real life...Oddly enough, when I rebooted the flightsim computer and reloaded the a/c the durn click spot on NAV1 CRS knob started working!You can't tune NAV1 or NAV2 unless the system is set for VOR or LOC display mode. What a strange system, if that is coded accurately (which I have my doubts about!)I've got a good friend who's retired A300 captain... actually he's *forced retired* because Swissair went belly up... :(

Fr. Bill