Sign in to follow this  
Varmint007

FS9 XML - if __ || __ then this els this

Guest Charlie Chan

I am trying to reverse the travel of the pitch indicator when the aircraft is upside-down. Here is the last code I tried. It parses but does not work in FS9. I am obviously a newbie at this. Will someone please help me solve this problem. The 'plane' in lower case is to remove the smiley face from the post.if{ (((A:plane BANK DEGREES, degrees) > 90 ) || ((A:plane BANK DEGREES, degrees) < -90)) ((A:A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/)} els {(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees)}

Guest Slacktide

>I am trying to reverse the travel of the pitch indicator when>the aircraft is upside-down. Here is the last code I tried. >It parses but does not work in FS9. I am obviously a newbie>at this. Will someone please help me solve this problem. The>'plane' in lower case is to remove the smiley face from the>post.>>if{ (((A:plane BANK DEGREES,>degrees) > 90 ) ||> ((A:plane BANK DEGREES, degrees) < -90))> ((A:A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/)}> els {(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees)}>First off, you're using the if statement incorrectly. The correct syntax is:logical_test if{ do_this_stuff_if_logical_test_is_true } els{ do_this_stuff_if_logical_test_is_false }Second, you've got A:A:Attitude... in the fourth line, should be just A:Attitude...Also, take a look at your els statement. it should be els{ stuff }, not els {stuff}. The location of the spaces is critical.Dan

Guest Slacktide

One other thing, all mathematics must be in postfix notation. Instead of `A || B`, you need to use 'A B ||'

Guest Charlie Chan

Thank you for the response! Please forgive an old mans ignorance of the language. Is this how it should be written?(((A:plane bank degrees, degrees) > 90 )((A:plane bank degrees, degrees) < -90) ||) if{((A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/)}els{(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees)}

(((A:plane bank degrees, degrees) > 90 )((A:plane bank degrees, degrees) < -90) ||) if{((A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/)}els{(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees)} 1) you must use postfix notation, so it's not > 90, it's 90 >.2) you do not need the extra parens unless you're doing inline calculations within a string. So instead of (((A:plane bank degrees, degrees) > 90 ). Use: (A:plane bank degrees, degrees) > 903) You cannot use "<" in XML for any version of FS, as it will be interpreted as HTML. Use "<" instead. Although not necessary in FS9, you should also use ">" for ">", and && for "and"4) As mentioned before, spacing within logic structures is critical.You used "els{(A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees)} ", It MUST be written as "els{" with no space between "els" and "{". and then a space after "{" and before your statement.(A:plane bank degrees, degrees) 90 > (A:plane bank degrees, degrees) -90 < || if{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/ } els{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) } --Jon

Guest Charlie Chan

Thank you the code help!! However, after testing the gauge, I discovered that it only works correctly approximatly 60 percent of the time. I am trying to better define the conditions under which the pitch would be negated in hopes that this will solve the problem. I want to define the range for the negative bank reading as less than a negative 90 degrees and greater than or equal to -180 degrees. For the positive bank reading as greater than 90 degrees and less than or equal to 180 degrees. I have found out the hard way that XML does not allow a &, &&, or And. I have been unable to write the desired code in an acceptable manner. Here is some of what I have tried: ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) -90 < -180 >= ) ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) 90 > 180 <= ) || if{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/ } els{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) }========================================== ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) -90 < (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) -180 >= ) ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) 90 > (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) 180 <= ) || if{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degree, degrees) /-/ } els{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) }========================================== ( ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) -90 <) ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) -180 >= ) ) ( ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) 90 > ) ( (A:Plane bank degrees, degrees) 180 <= ) ) || if{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/ } els{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) }Do to some formatting problems, their appearance in the forum is not the same as in the XML file. Would some one please help with this.

Guest Charlie Chan

I have finally solved the problem. Much thanks to Varminit007 for his help in doing so. Here is the code that I used. If any one wants to see the complete code and some screen shots of what I have been doing then go to cfcforums.com and their Panel and Gauge Design forum. It is a unique gauge set in what I call a Flight Reference Panel. I do not know if the FAA would approve of the attitude indicate but I like it. (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, degrees) 90 > (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, degrees) 180 <= && (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, degrees) -90 < (A:Attitude indicator bank degrees, degrees) -180 >= && || if{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) /-/ } els{ (A:Attitude indicator pitch degrees, degrees) }