Sign in to follow this  
Guest N575US

Help with gauge overlay

Guest N575US

Hello everyone, this is my first post in the panel forum and i am seeking an answer to my dilema. i am trying to place a custom ADI over an existing ADI on a panel. The panel, however is not many separate gauges but rather one whole gauge. after placing the new ADI over the exisint one (using fs panel studio if that helps) i decided to try it out in FS and found a problem. when i fly, in level attitude on the ground the new gauge is fine. but when in motion the old gauge flashes through the new one, continually flashing back and forth throughout the whole flight between the old and new gauge. as i said there is so way to get rid of the old gauge since that would mean the whole panel is gone. hopefully someone can help me out i would greatly appreciate it. thanks!

Hi,May be you can outcomment the original ADI in the panel.cfg.://gaugexx=original ADI, x,y,zgaugexx=your ADI, x,y,zJan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest N575US

thanks for the suggestion, but once again the entire main panel is one gauge...so theres no way to single out the ADI among the entire main panel gauge. any other suggestions would be greatly appreicated!

Is this gauge in XML or C++In both cases it is possible to edit the gauge.In XML quite simple, but in C++ you only can take out the bitmaps with a program like GAUBMP2.EXE.(Or you must be able to edit and compile C-Gauges)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest N575US

the main panel gauge is a c++, but the gauge im adding is in xml. ive tried to edit the main bitmap so that it does not contain any image files pertaining to the ADI, but it still flashes back to just a black circle where the old ADI was

Guest grb

I'm afraid it is not that simple. You would have to have all the source C code files, and assuming you know how to write in C adequately within the the gauge development arena, you would have to modify a "few source files", recompile etc.. There can be a half dozen files or more that you would have to work with within the c code assuming the gauge is somewhat complicated. Sorry but that is just the way things are.

Guest Matthias Lieberecht

Hi,You can try a draw order command at the end of your Gauge listing:gauge00=The_Original_Gauge, 0,0,1024,768gauge01=Your_own_ADI, 300,300,100,100draw_order00=gauge00, gauge01This should solve your problemBest RegardsMatthias

Or try the following 2 possibillities (not very elegant ones, but they should work):With Panel Studio you can edit the bitmaps of C++ gauges, thusoption 1) delete all the bitmaps realted to the ADI (off course make a back up first) I'm not sure, if you will get a "missing bitmap" error meassage in this caseoption 2) just paint all the bitmaps of the gauge, which are related to the ADI in black (RGB 0,0,0)Wolfgang

I think you would find that if you actually deleted bitmaps from a gauge, that it would almost certainly crash FS when you tried to load the gauge.Repainting the bitmaps to RGB(0,0,0) shouldn't cause this problem.Doug

Guest N575US

thanks for the efforts guys...the draw order command unfortunely didnt work. i then tried what a few of you mentioned and that was to black out the exisint ADI elements...after going through and coverting 23 gauge elements, there is still some problem...it flashes back now instead to a black background...even though im positive i edited all the ADI's elements to show "clear" black. any other thoughts would be appreciated, thanks for the help!

Guest JeanLuc_

Yes! you may consider downloading the Reality XP 737 ADI for FS2004 from the Avsim library, and use the same configuration system: a popup window, initialy opened when panels load, sized and positioned over the area of interest on the main panel.Hope this helps!

Guest N575US

THANKS SO MUCH FOR THE IDEA JEANLUC! there is no gauge overlay at all. great job youve made me one happy camper!