Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

Landing Lights show from everywhere but...

Guest fiddleman

Howdy,I'm building an aircraft and seem to have hit a snag. I'm building with fsds2.4. After compiling, the landing lights are visible on the ground from spot, tower and vc, but not from the 2d cockpit. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance :-wave.

You need to put the landing lights in their own "model" (forward?)... I'm not a FSDS2'er, but I do remember that peculiar bit... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

You remember well... Placing the landing lights in the forward model will solve the problem. If they are slaved to any animated parts, like gear, remember to copy those into the forward model as well, so the light rotates when the gear turns, as an example.-John CillisP.S.Hi Phil :)

Guest fiddleman

Thank you gentlemen. Learn something new every day.Thanks again.

>You remember well... Thanks... I bought FSDS2 for the specific purpose of helping Louis Sinclair and a fellow modeler implement the emissive texture lighting for VC's, but after looking at the "keyboard driven interface" decided then and there to stick with GMax (and now Max) because of the more intuitive GUI it uses.I do seem to have an excellent memory (most of the time), especially when the subject is somewhat esoteric... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator