Sign in to follow this  
Guest Comancheguru

Air File items that are overridden in Aircraft.cfg

Hi All,Is there a list of items that the AIR file CAN have? I see some of different length.Also is there a list or document that lists which items in the AIRCRAFT.CFG file override the AIR file entries in FS9? I assume such a list would also contain all possible aircraft.cfg entries.I came upon this project when my addon aircraft wouldn't slow down when the langing gear is extended. I edited the AIR file using AirED, but increasing the landing gear drag # had no effect. Eventually I replaced the faulty aircraft's air file with another aircraft's which cured the gear drag problem.While comparing the two air files with AirED I viewed all the tables and found many large differences. Could it be that one of these tables is called by the landing gear drag parameter?

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Well, if you check the latest version of AAM.ini there's quite some information which parameters have been transferred to the CFG file although it is not complete. I prefer AAM ( www.aircraftmanager.com )rather than AirEdit. However I PRESUME that CFG entries have higher priority than AIR entries but there's no reliable information on that except for the hint in MS' Aircraft Container SDK which lists aircraft.CFG in highest priority.I myself am struggling heavily on the issues of the AIR file. It seems that almost nobody has proper knowledge (or is unwilling to share the secrets) on the "whats' and whereabouts' " of this mystery file :-)The drag coefficient for the landing (CDg) gear is obviously set in record #1101 but can also be set in record #1540 (the latter not being used in default A/C).So much for today. It's all I've got till now ;( Oskar

Thankyou for that link, I find it a welcome improvement to AirEd and allows the tabled data to be adjusted as well.