Sign in to follow this  
Gypsy Baron

PROPELLER_x_FEATHERED token

Hi All,Non-XML question for any guru out there.. I am reading the token PROPELLER_1_FEATHERED to determine if a propeller is currently feathered or unfeathered on a turboprop. Problem is, the result is always 0. I have feathering enabled in the aircraft.cfg and .air file, as far as I can tell.??I cannot find any KEY events in gauges.h to force the propeller into feather, are there any?thanks,Steve

Here are the events available:KEY_TOGGLE_ARM_AUTOFEATHERKEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCHESKEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1KEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_2KEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_3KEY_TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_4Never tried to use them, so not sure what to expect. It is possible that the variable is an 'enum' type, rather than a float or int.Try your_variable_name.var_value.e instead of your_variable_name.var_value.nDoug

In my recent L-188 Electra panel I used the following codeto feather a prop: -16384 (>K:PROP_PITCH1_SET) 1 (>L:Prop1_Feathered,bool) I used the PROP_PITCH1_SET to cause the prop to go to the MAX BETA defined in the cfg file. I used the local variable L:Prop1_Feathered,bool to keep track of the state for tests in other places as I needed to change the state of the prop feather button and also cause the feathered engines throttle to go to minimum and stay there while the other three throttles worked normally. To de-feather the prop I used: 16384 (>K:PROP_PITCH1_SET) 0 (>L:Prop1_Feathered,bool) During test/debug of the panel I used a test gauge to display various parameters. When testing the feather "circuitry" I used the following tootip to read the state: Engine 1 Prop Pitch (%((A:PROP1 BETA,degree))%!d! Degrees) The PROP1 BETA would read the MAX BETA value when the feather button was pushed. 79 degrees in my case. When the prop was de-feathered it returned to the normal range of 12-45 degrees. The Panel_SDK indicates that the K:PROP_PITCH1_SET takes a value from 0 - 16383 but for some reason the values I used above cause the desired effect. I tried using the TOGGLE_FEATHER_SWITCH_1 variable but it didn't work, as I recall. Paul I just revisited this code and did some additional testing. It turns out that any NEGATIVE number will cause a prop to feather -1 (>K:PROP_PITCH1_SET) works just fine. Also, 16383 (>K:PROP_PITCH1_SET) will defeather the prop. Actually any positive number will de-feather the prop but the (A:GENERAL ENG1 PROPELLER LEVER POSITION, percent) will be set to that value and for the turboprop you want this at max, I believe. You can see the "feathered" state with this tooltip: TOOLTIPTEXT_THROTTLE_ENG1_PROPELLER_PERCENT Which reads the variable (A:GENERAL ENG1 PROPELLER LEVER POSITION, percent).

Wide-5.jpg