Sign in to follow this  
MarkRey

Adjusting Landing Lights

Guest JonRR

Hi I've been told that in order to adjust the landing / taxi light alingment and number of, for any given aircraft one has to be able to edit the MDL file of the actual aircraft. I want to do this as some of the flight models I want to use have the runway lights either offset to one side or have simply not included the other side (this is all refering to airliners) even PMDG seem to have forgotten to add the left hand side runway & taxi lights leaving it with a right handed spotlight more suited for a cessna. Is there a editor or commercial program I can buy to add / adjust the landing and taxi lights of FS aircraft? Thsi is not my area at all, re aircraft design but I'd like to try and sort this particular issue out if any one has advise. Thank you. RegardsJonathan Richardson

Jonathan,I'm afraid you're out of luck. You need access to the model source file which, after modification, must be re-compiled into an .mdl.While that may be unfortunate for people who only want to make minor changes for their own use, it's also the only real safeguard the model developers have for protecting their work.You might try asking the developer if they'd mind altering/fixing the model for you.--Jon

Jonathan,Are you by chance using a 3rd party landing light replacement? If so you may want to try another one (there are a few around). I once noticed this but it was the spotlight.bmp I was using.Default one is waaaaaay too bright but not all 3rd party replacements work well with all a/c.regards,Mark3.2HT/1GIG/X700pro256

Regards,

Mark