Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

How to make panel show in full screen view?

Hello: I'm still using a great little panel that was designed for FS2K2 in FS2K4. It is MiniCP (MiniControlPanel...can be found in the Avsim File Library). It allows small mouse clickable buttons on a small window that will perform different functions in FS. I use it for ATC. My problem is it shows (floats)and works perfectly in FS regular view, but it will not show in FS Full View. I'm hoping someone will have some help with making it show in the full view mode. It actually "floats" on the screen and can be moved anywhere on the screen; does not have to be installed on the flight panel. Thanks for any help.

Guest iholrf

I am a little surprised nobody has answered this. I may not be able to myself, but I'll give it a shot.A couple of points need clarification.Is the "Panel" a guage or a window with guages?What is the panel config entry for it?If you can provide those two answers I may be able to provide a solution.CheersShad

Shad, thanks for giving this a shot. The questions you ask may as well be in latin...I have no idea. What I can do is point you to the file here in the Avsim file library--minicp10.zip. It's really handy for me; allowing me to use mouse clicks instead of having to fumble with the keyboard. The config program lets you design your own custom panel. Simmers have uploaded panels to the Avsim library that let you control lights, flaps, pback, etc. This panel--fs2k_menu_bar.zip, in the Avsim file library by William Jackson (14 Dec 2002) designed using the minicp system was designed for FS2K2, but does float on FS2K4 in full view mode, which is what I'm trying to get the basic program to do. Thanks for any help you can offer.

Guest iholrf

Hmmm, it's a dll and an exe which interfaces with the dll after it is running... I am not sure I can help you but here is what I would try if I were you:- Start FS2002 in full screen mode... (in fs2004 all i need to do is exit while in full screen and start again)- to the desktop (which minimizes the full screen window) as opposed to restoring () the window...- start the config editor and enable your config and click the minimized sim window to restore it to full screen mode and see if it is now visible.If that fails, follow the instructions to remove the module and start a clean session of the sim in full screen. - Ensure all vestages of the module are gone- Exit while in full screen- Reinstall the module, configs and panels- Restart following the advice above.If that doesn't work, all I can suggest is visiting their website and drop them a note. The module you listed installs to 2002 and I use 2004 so I can not really reproduce the error.Good LuckShad

Hi. I am trying to do the same as you. I found the miniCp program and want to use it in FS2004. I have it working but not in full screen. Can you please tell me if you ever got it to work in full screen and if so, how? By the way there is a really neat program by the late Bill Morad, here at Avsim in the library, that does exactly what you want in FS2004 for the ATC. I don't remember the exact name but do a search or BIll Morad and you will find it along with several other neat gauges of the same type. Bill designed it after I asked for such a gauge and it works neat. You can use it with any plane by adding it to the panel.cfg. Thanks, regards, Bob.