Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

More assistance requested

Guest iholrf

Hey there again all,A little while ago I posted a note asking for some beta testers. One fellow suggested I had not given enough information about the project when I expressed my disappointment with the lack of response. I suspect he was right.So! To that end I have put together a site for the project. The site has a history section, downloads, a photo gallery and so on. I have read through it a dozen times but I am sure there are still likely a few typos and or other mistakes that I have not caught.If anybody is interested in taking a look, reading through it and giving me some feedback, I would much appreciate it. Also if you wish to take a look at the project model you can find it there as well.I have not registered a domain for it yet, and the web server still needs some fine tuning (the trailing slash on the url is required

Guest iholrf

I meant to ask for an accuracy check of the history section as well. I tried to get my facts right, but you never know. If you see something that you feel is wrong and can back it up with documentation, please send it along and I will make the necessary corrections.Thanks againShad

Guest Alexander_EFG

Hi Shad,I'd love to help you, but to be honest with you: I never heard of that plane. The model sure looks awesome from your screenshots and as a modeller I can beta test modelling wise e.g. bleeds, animations, etc. Other than that I can't help you. Sorry.Cheers!PS: I think that most of the inhabitants of the MSFS design cave feel the same way...

Shad, I must say that this model has the absolute BEST radial engine startup sounds I've ever heard! ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest iholrf

>Hi Shad,>>I'd love to help you, but to be honest with you: I never heard>of that plane. The model sure looks awesome from your>screenshots and as a modeller I can beta test modelling wise>e.g. bleeds, animations, etc. Other than that I can't help>you. Sorry.>>Cheers!>PS: I think that most of the inhabitants of the MSFS design>cave feel the same way...It is sure is a whole lot easier to make the model look good than it is to make it fly well. I have been struggling with a varitey of problems, (mostly due to my own ignorance on how to solve the problem) :). I have recieved some very valuable feedback from a couple of folks which caused me to downgrade the project status from Beta to Alpha. I have to go back to the drawing board on some items it seems. I also think the next time I decide to announce a project as beta, I should bloody well make sure the docs are done, eh? *smacks himself with a dead trout* Heheh.As I now know I have to build a new model from scratch, any help designers like you can give me will be more than welcome.CheersShad

Guest iholrf

>Shad, I must say that this model has the absolute BEST radial>engine startup sounds I've ever heard! ;)Oh poo! The sound... I completely forgot about that... Ugh. That was the first thing I ever did to Brians model. I wish I could take credit for it, but credit goes to Tom Wood and SimTECH for the start-up sounds. All I did was adjust the volume, and then mixed and matched a pile of other sounds to give it my own personal touch. Since then I have completey forgetten about the sounds...I have been unable to contact Tom for permission to use the parts I took from his model, so I don't think I am going to be able to include them with the project... darn darn darn... *begins to doubt the wisdom of deciding to persue this project*It's a good thing this is a hobby... I think I would be crying right now if it weren't for that fact ;).It is a great start-up sound though, isn't it?CheersShad

Guest iholrf

I am no longer sure if the URL works, if somebody could let me know I would much appreciate it.CheersShadfoxwolfen@hotmail.com