Sign in to follow this  
n4gix

GMAX ERROR MESSAGE

Does anyone know what triggers the following GMax error message?I began to get it on the nth iteration of an aircraft model I'm developing. The I open Gmax and load the model. GMaxmodel seems run properly until I right-click in a window. Instead of the usual popup menu (Show... Hide... etc) I get this error message and GMax closes. The last changes to the model I can remember were: creating a plane, cloning it, flipping the normals of the clone then grouping the two planes.I'd like to know if this is a known problem before re-installing GMax.http://forums.avsim.net/user_files/109847.jpg

Having read my previous post I realise it's not a clear as it could be:. The sequence of events is:1 Make the changes involving planes2 Save the .gmax file and close GMax3 Re-open Gmax and load the saved .gmax file4 Right click and get the error message instead of the popup menuSorry for any confusion :(

>The last changes to the model I can remember were: creating a>plane, cloning it, flipping the normals of the clone then>grouping the two planes.>>I'd like to know if this is a known problem before>re-installing GMax.Might I suggest that you forget about using the "group" function altogether? It is extremely problematic when building models which must be exported via the FSModelExp.dle... While "grouping" isn't normally a problem, many times "ungrouping" and later "re-grouping" can engender an "OBED Scaling Error" that is difficult to eradicate... ;)Regarding your specific problem, load the last known good iteration (test export to make sure!), then repeat your planar creation, clone, flip normals.Now, test export. If it works well, try "Linking" the two planars rather than "Grouping."

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks.I've found a workaround - using a very thin box.

>Thanks.>>I've found a workaround - using a very thin box.Great. I still highly recommend never using the "Group" function though... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator