Sign in to follow this  
mgh

Error lines in FS2004 Cessna 172 and 182

Guest ahale10

PLEASE HELP.Ever since I installed 2004 there have been lines coming off the cessna 172 and 182 default planes. I am not sure where the errors are. (textures????) The lines dont really interfere with anything but they are annoying.Please see the screenshot.

Guest iholrf

I suspect this post belongs in a different forum, but I'll try to answer it anyway. :)I have experienced the same issue once or twice... it is usually due to a corrupted video driver. Try updating your driver and set the driver and game settings back to defaults and see if it goes aweay. Do not run any 3d application (screensavers etc.) prior to running the game.ATI Catalyst 5.3 - March 09, 2005Nvidia Forceware 71.84 - March 11, 2005 (Nvidia needs to learn version control)Also check your settings in the driver itself (display properties/settingas/advanced). Look to see what level of anistropic filtering is being used, what level of antialiasing and so on. Do not turn on antialaising from inside the sim, force it on in the driver itself... I found the in-game setting causes the driver to act strange.Lastly, go to http://www.microsoft.com/games/flightsimulator/ and grab the service pack 1 update for the game. It solves a couple of issues.If all else fails, you may need to re-install the game. Ensure you do a full install and not a partial. Partials have been problematic on my system.Hope this helps.Shad

Guest ahale10

This error only effects two planes, both the default 172 and 182. This problem was there from the start, before i installed any other files. I believe it may be these two aircraft that are in some way corrupted, otherwise it would effect the other planes. My other 100 odd planes dont have a problem. I run a Radeon graphics card. maybe if someone could zip me up the two default planes and I will try overwriting my files to see if that fixes the problem.andrewhale60@yahoo.com.authanksAndrew Hale

I'm sure this was raised a long time ago and I believe it was a problem with a particular driver. Try a search