Sign in to follow this  
pilottj

Carreidas 160 Jet from Tintin's "Flight 714" comic book

Hey folks,I remember reading Tintin when I was a kid and remember seeing a suspersonic bizjet in one of the comics. Anyway I looked it up online and found some info. The Carreidas was designed by comic artist Roger Leloup for the Tintin series and is a Dassault-esque swingwing jet about the size of maybe a Gulfstream II. I found some pictures of it at;(in French)http://modelbox.free.fr/dossiers/tintin/Carreidas_P/Also a good cutaway drawing at tintin.comlook up 'Flight 714' on the popup window and look for a cutaway of the jet. It looks like a Falcon 10 mixed with a TU-134B and F-111. Interesting #2 engine design with the inlets part of the #1 and #3 fairings. I think this would be a very beautiful airplane to have in flight sim and flight dymanics would be at the whim of the designers. I imagine it would handle somewhere between a Citation X and F-111. I am curious if anyone would be interested in creating somthing like this. CheersTJ

Guest iholrf

Heheh, I grew up on Tintin. Being a bilingual household (my spouse is french) Tintin is one of our common grounds. This model might be fun to do. Will have to make sure it's Tintin and Cpt. Haddock in the flight crew seats eh?I have collected the images and started reading up on Tintin some more. I cannot promise it will be done quickly as I have my own project to complete as well, but I am interested.CheersShad

Sounds good Shad,Please take your time and enjoy it if you decide to start it...absolutely no hurry. It looks like it would have some interesting features. The cutaway pic on the tintin.com site had the airstairs on the right side, perhaps leaving the possiblty for a regular door on the left for possible jetway access? As for a cockpit, I am unsure of the exact time period of the comic, but I would assume a 70s-ish Dassault style cockpit? But thats the beauty of conceptual airplanes, you can totally make your own. CheersTJ