Sign in to follow this  
phjvh

Cruise altitude

Hi,Is there a way to read the cruise altitude, which you set in a flightplan?Also, can you read, wether you fly direct, vfr, ifr, low - or high altitude airways?I couldn't find any Var's to use except gps next and previous alt.May be in C?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Thanks Ed.Btw, where did you find that one?I have lots of GPS var's with ((@c: etc., but didn't trace this one (and others)Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Hi,It could be found within gps.dll in the module folder, don't know if it is documented anywhere....Eugen

Hi Ed,I used ((@c:FlightPlanCruisingAltitude,feet) 100 /)%!03d!in a simple gauge but get a zero output. A flight plan was loaded with a cruise altitude of 8500 ft. I can never get this type of variable with the @c: start to work. Any ideas.For Jan I have attached a txt file with all these variables listed.nick

Probably the reason why it didn't work as it is calling a macro, in this case:@c -- This macro is located at the very top of the GNS530 gauge. To get by without the macro maybe try the combination of the macro and the parameters:((C:fs9gps:FlightPlanCruisingAltitude,feet) 100 /)%!03d!Regards,Roman(KGRB)

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Hi all,I just put it in the GPS, with all macro's, and it works ok.I also use the list extracted from the gps.dll, but still cannot find the flightplancruisealtitude????Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

The list is truncated in the dll, so search through other parts of the file and you should find it,nick

Hi Roman,got ((C:fs9gps:FlightPlanCruisingAltitude,feet))%!03d!to work nicely. In fact, I can substitute Flightplan variables and get them all to work. However, if I sustutute NearestVorCurrentFrequency, for example, I still get zero. Any help on this please.nick

Here is a small testing gauge for finding nearest VOR. This will ONLY give the closest VOR.. See the GPS.xml for listing and scrolling for more than one.NearestVorCurrentTrueBearing NearestVorCurrentDistance NearestVorCurrentFrequency NearestVorCurrentType NearestVorCurrentIdent NearestVorCurrentICAO NearestVorCurrentLine NearestVorItemsNumber NearestVorSetDefaultFilter NearestVorRemoveVorType NearestVorAddVorType NearestVorCurrentFilter NearestVorMaximumDistance NearestVorMaximumItems NearestVorCurrentLongitude NearestVorCurrentLatitude C:fs9gps(A:GPS POSITION LAT, Radians) (>@c:NearestVorCurrentLatitude, Radians) (A:GPS POSITION LON, Radians) (>@c:NearestVorCurrentLongitude, Radians) 1 (>@c:NearestVorMaximumItems) 200 (>@c:NearestVorMaximumDistance, NMiles) 0 (>@c:NearestVorCurrentLine)%IDENT = %((@c:NearestVorCurrentIdent))%!s!%%FREQUENCY = %((@c:NearestVorCurrentFrequency, MHz) 100 * near d 100 div)%!03d!.%(100 %)%!02d!%TYPE = %((@c:NearestVorCurrentType))%{case}%{:1}%VOR%{:2}%VOR / DME%{:3}%DME%{:4}%TACAN%{:5}%VORTAC%{:6}%LOCALIZER%{end}%DISTANCE = %((@c:NearestVorCurrentDistance, nmiles))%!4.1f!%%BEARING = %((@c:NearestVorCurrentTrueBearing, degrees) (A:GPS MAGVAR, degrees) - d360)%!03d!%Regards,Roman(KGRB)

Hallo,Another question (Roman?):It is "imperative" to have the altitude of the destination airport, using this parameter in the pressurization system of my aircraft.Until now i use the GPS, pressing NRST etc. until i can enter the ident of the airport after wich the data become visisble.Only then i can dial landing altitude.I didn't succeed to use @C:flightplandestinationaltitude (elevation) as "standalone" code.May be one of you knows a clever click or value sequence which gives the altitude immediately after entering the flightplan, eg. DTO EHGG gives 17ft.Curious...Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan, Just did a small test and this works the instant you select or make a flight plan using the default flight planner.(C:fs9gps:FlightPlanDestinationAltitude,feet)Add that to a click code as the source of data to send to your presurization destination altitude variable.Regards,Roman(KGRB)

Roman,Thanks, this one works ok, but... only when a flightplan is loaded.I was not clear enough: I ment, when choosing Direct To, this code isn't working, so you have to look for the elevation via: NRST, CURSOR, ENTER, CURSOR, CHANGE PAGES WITHIN PAGE , TYPE IDENT and then you 'll find the data.I was busy to find a click or value to do this, without succes till now.to many if's etc.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"