Sign in to follow this  
BIGSKY

Need Approach Charts For KACK Aug 1958

As the title says, Would anyone know where I could get non precision runway 24 charts from this time? Thanks in advance:-)

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

Guest zzmikezz

BIGSKY,You might try to get in touch with the authors of Radio Range, rr40.zip This is an attempt to recreate the entire North American radio range system as it stood in the mid-30s/early-40s so if the Nantucket NDB existed at that time it is quite possible that they created an approach plate for it.

Thank you Mike, A friend from Nantucket just came out with her book on the crash of Northeast flight 248 in Aug of 58,http://www.amazon.com/Out-Fog-Cindy-Lou-Young/dp/097428159X/ref=sr_1,_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1210027365&sr=8-1 With an interesting discussion on Nantuckets Yack forum,http://www.yackon.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=6820&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 , She has a copy of the report,and I am trying to find out what approach the flight was attempting. Cindy was a 10 month old lap child,and her mother was killed in this crash:(

Jim Driscoll, MSI Raider GE76 12UHS-607 17.3" Gaming Laptop Computer - Blue Intel Core i9 12th Gen 12900HK 1.8GHz Processor; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 Ti 16GB GDDR6; 64GB DDR5-4800 RAM; Dual M2 2TB Solid State Drives.Driving a Sony KD-50X75, and KDL-48R470B @ 4k 3724x2094,MSFS 2020, 30 FPS on Ultra Settings.

Jorg/Asobo: “Weather is a core part of our simulator, and we will strive to make it as accurate as possible.”Also Jorg/Asobo: “We are going to limit the weather API to rain intensity only.”

From the info I received from the report,the weather was partial obscuration,1/8 mile in fog. The main runway 24,(3,800' usable length) had no ladder type approach light system,but had high-intensity runway lighting. Northeast airlines installed 2 condenser discharger lights 250' from the threshold lights 150' feet apart in the approach area,they flashed 2 times a second,emitting a beamed white light rated at 10,000 candle power projected into the approach zone at an angle of 3.4 degrees,so the lower side of the projected beam would be 300' above the Northeast owned "H" facility (low power NDB) located 6/10's of a mile from the runway threshold.Below the projected light beam the light diminishes rapidly to 75% less at aprox. 50' below the lower edge of the beam. The approach was a VOR straight in to rwy 24, the VOR being located 1.9 miles from the threshold. Northeast's weather minima was 300' ceiling, and 1/2 mile visibility.The approach procedure called out for a 060 degree outbound heading after station passage,then a standard procedure turn on the north side of the inbound course within 10 miles of the VOR with a 1,300' minimum altitude for the turn. The inbound course was 240 degrees,with a min alt of 600' over the VOR. the MDA was 300'.In the Convair 240,it was about 55 seconds from the VOR to the runway threshold. It is very interesting reading about the system used back in 1958. They even had painted 55 gallon drums with white tops leading up to the threshold,these were non standard visual aids,I wonder if they were filled with concrete( ! The aircraft touched down 1450; short,and 650' to the left of the runway killing 24 out of 34 pax.