Sign in to follow this  
Guest dko60202

Scaling images in XML

Guest dko60202

Is it possible to scale an image, or element containing an image, in XML (by L:var, similar to Shift and Rotate?) Couldn't find a way all weekend, but it seems silly that this would have been left out of gauge XML...I'm working on a simple chart veiwer...XML may not work at all, as I also know of no way to dynamically load .jpgs or .gifs in XML (or even .bmps, dynamically....is it possible to reload a single window in a panel?)Failing this, can anyone recommend something out there for simple chart veiwing...no GPS, no moving maps, no "You Are Here" airplane - just something I can zoom and pan a chart with, preferably in a window I can undock and put on the second monitor? Please save me from a miserable existence, doomed to learning 'C' gauge programming....Douglas

You may be able to (in XML) define several image sizes in several elements and control visibility using a scale var.In other words, (L:Scale, number) 1 ==.., etc....(L:Scale, number) 2 ==.., etc....etc...I've never tried to use the ImageSizes tag in that way, but it seems some variation of it may work as a ghetto method of scaling your map. You'd be using the same image.The other method would be to load a different image (presumably at a different scale) based on the scale setting.(L:Scale, number) 1 ==.., etc....(L:Scale, number) 2 ==.., etc....Just a couple ideas to try...--Jon

Guest dko60202

Jon,Thanks, your solution "B" was what I've come up with so far, but as you know, it's not ideal. I haven't been able to make ImageSizes (or ) do anything at all to the element/image.Gonna go try "HeightCode"...Douglas

Guest dko60202

Jan,I'll check out HeightCode (and WidthCode) and report back here, thanks!Douglas

Guest Charlie Chan

The ImageSizes attributer reads ImageSizes="width,height,0,0".Play with the last two varibles of the ImageSize attribute. If they work the same as the variables used in an panel.cfg file you would have your solution.gauge #=gauge. X Y Width Heightgauge01=superh!hud2, 750, 641, 120, 120,

Guest dko60202

>Play with the last two varibles of the ImageSize attribute. >If they work the same as the variables used in an panel.cfg>file you would have your solution.If they worked, I wouldn't have asked the question :-)Actually, according to the SDK, they're not supposed to work the same. ImageSizes specifies the width and height of each of two bitmaps (A throwback to FS95 days, I believe, when panels were distributed with 640x and 1024x graphics.) So: w1,h1,w2,h2 as opposed to the x,y,w,h syntax in panel.cfg.In any event, they appear to have no effect on the on-screen size of the image.I've been sidetracked installing and learning a c compiler so I haven't tried the suggested HeightCode, but I'm sceptical that it will work on images as well as polys.Douglas