Sign in to follow this  
Guest zzmikezz

$2M SUIT VS. JETBLUE

Guest NoobPilot

The customers pay a fee for a reason, and it's not to be forced to sit on a toilet for a few hours. I hope he gets his $2 million.

Guest fullstoplanding

Answering my own question..I wouldn't have done that. When this man was allowed to board as a bona fide passenger, he was entitled to a seat, regardless if he was a paying passenger or a pass rider. Very poor judgement by the Captain.--Roger

I hope the man gets 50m!! More good customer service by a US airline!! keith:-beerchug

Although I agree that he was treated badly and should be compensated for that. As a non-American I never understand these exaggerated numbers though. $2M seems a over the top to me.Cheers,Allard.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

"As a non-American I never understand these exaggerated numbers though. $2M seems a over the top to me."As an American I don't understand it either. $2 Million? But the incident itself has me amazed. I read the article and thought "This must be a belated April Fools'" joke. I cannot fathom a captain who would force a paying passenger to sit in an aircraft lavatory--doesn't matter if the passenger was standby. I've seen flight attendants sit in their jumpseats--when they are sitting, throughout a flight. The more amazing issue of course is the lack of safety restraints in an aircraft lavatory. The captain involved would be threatening the safety of a passenger by forcing the passenger to fly in the lavatory. Still nothing would convince me the passenger should be awarded $2 Million, not when victims of auto crashes and medical malpractice get far less. Somewhere there is an attorney trying to make a name for him/herself. But I believe if the story proves to be exactly as written, that the pilot involved should be pulled from duty permanently and his license taken away. Jetblue should pay a hefty fine as well--the lesson being that no one, not even the pilot, should threaten the safety of a passenger under color of authority.Regards,John

NONE of that mattters to begin with...rofl.ANY PERSON and/or FLIGHT CREW MEMBER -- MUST -- I repeat -- MUST be provided with seat belts and/or harnesses under FAR's and...I 'think' also under actual law (CFR's for the US).It's not a matter of customer service what so ever.:-roll

Jeff D. Nielsen (KMCI)

https://www.twitch.tv/pilotskcx

https://discord.io/MaxDutyDay

10th Gen Intel Core i9 10900KF (10-Core, 20MB Cache, 3.7GHz to 5.3GHz w/Thermal Velocity Boost) | NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3090 24GB GDDR6X | 128GB Dual Channel DDR4 XMP at 3200MHz | 2TB M.2 PCIe SSD (Boot) + 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s (Storage) | Lunar Light chassis with High-Performance CPU/GPU Liquid Cooling and 1000W Power Supply

>I have problem with this whole story how much of it>believable. Under what exact conditions this passenger was>allowed to board aircraft if clearly there was no seat for>him? We are missing some important piece of this puzzle ...>>Michael J.The passenger was a buddy pass rider. He had a seat. From the stories, the captain made him give up the coach seat midflight to a nonrevving fa that had been in a jumpseat.Nonrevs are often treated like freeloaders by some working crews. But what this captain did sounds a little beyond. I wonder about the relationship between the captain and that fa that got the pax's seat. There is probably more to this story.

Guest Pilot533

>I wonder about the relationship between the captain and that fa>that got the pax's seat. There is probably more to this>story.I was thinking the same thing, somethings going on there. I hope this guy gets his cash, what the captain did is pretty rediculous.

IIUC normally the non-rev FA would have been given the seat by the gate agent. The Capt agreed (it is in his discretion) to allow the FA to jump seat, opening up the seat for the buddy pass pax. So the Capt was doing this guy a pretty big favor, IMHO. Was it right to put the guy in the can? No. But I wouldn't give the guy a nickel. He has no damages. I would tell buddy pass guy next time buy a ticket . scott s..

>IIUC normally the non-rev FA would have been given the seat>by the gate agent. The Capt agreed (it is in his discretion)>to allow the FA to jump seat, opening up the seat for the>buddy pass pax. So the Capt was doing this guy a pretty big>favor, IMHO. Was it right to put the guy in the can? No. But>I wouldn't give the guy a nickel. He has no damages. I would>tell buddy pass guy next time buy a ticket . >>scott s.>.>I agree, the guy shouldn't get much if anything, however the Captain should, and probably will be sanctioned by the FAA, for a flagrant violation of safety regs, if it actually happened as reported. I still have a hard time believing a Captain would risk jeopardizing his career, and possibly losing his ticket, over something like this, but stranger things have happened before!!

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

I am curious as to what is meant by "buddy pass". Originally I had read he was a standby passenger.Regards,John

I'll explain in my understanding since I had this benefit the last 4 years when my daughter worked for the airlines.As an employee she was allowed to put certain family members on a "list". We were able to fly "standby" as non revenue passengers at any time. She was also allowed a certain limited number of "buddy passes" per year-passes she could give to friends that were not family members on this list. My son would have to use a "buddy pass" as he was not allowed on the list (parents). There are only a limited number of buddy passes good for the year.If I recall-there is an order... Pilots,crew can bump non revenue passengers. Then the seniority comes into effect-someone shows up with higher seniority and you are bumped. At the bottom is buddy passes. When we started with low seniority we were always bumped-after a couple years we were bumping others.Sometimes it worked out well-but with the full airplanes now more often than not it did not for us. When I came back from Hong Kong this way it took me 5 days of flying all over the place (though I did get business class). It was quite an adventure and I decided that ultimately I would rather buy a ticket. One time in Phoenix we were bumped not due to empty seats but due to weight restrictions. At that point one of the non rev passengers got very mad, started yelling etc. which surprised me greatly as anyone travelling this way knows gettting bumped is a part of the deal-and how can you complain about almost free? I would have liked to put that passenger in the toilet-but I wasn't the pilot... :-lolhttp://www.mediafire.com/imgbnc.php/1b5baf...b9f427f694g.jpgMy blog:http://geofageofa.spaces.live.com/