Sign in to follow this  
Guest jdallen26

Looking for help with C++ gauges...

Guest jdallen26

I need help getting started with developing gauges with C++. I have VS.NET 2003 and have been going through the posts on this forum. I have found some information on setting the IDE up and so on. I need help compiling the sample gauge that is included in the SDK. I start out with a blank dll project and then add all the files for the sample gauge and try compiling it. It gives me numerous errors including------ Build started: Project: AAFID, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------Compiling...SDK.Wiskey.cc:Documents and SettingsJayMy DocumentsVisual Studio ProjectsAAFIDSDK.Wiskey.c(5) : error C2065: 'GAUGE_NAME' : undeclared identifierc:Documents and SettingsJayMy DocumentsVisual Studio ProjectsAAFIDSDK.Wiskey.c(5) : error C2099: initializer is not a constantc:Documents and SettingsJayMy DocumentsVisual Studio ProjectsAAFIDSDK.Wiskey.c(6) : error C2061: syntax error : identifier 'wiskey_list'and the list goes on and on. I have followed all the information I could find on line and to no avail. I am an advanced VB Developer(6 yrs) and have found no good reason to use C++ till now. Is there any was someone could send me a simple sample gauge I can examin and learn from. Also need help with compiling.Thanks.jay.allen1@us.army.mil

Guest HartmannH

You added all .c files to your project, right? If so, you have to make sure that all gauge source files (SDK.something.c) are excluded from the build. They're already #included by the main source file (SDK.c) so that should be the only file to be actually compiled.

Guest jdallen26

Aha, that's what it was. Thanks. Now I try using the gauge in an aircraft and it does not show up. Working on that right now.

Guest jdallen26

OK, now I'm dumbfounded:-(. I can compile it, but when I open the gauage up in a text editor, it has a bunch of error lines. I'm gona include the gauage with this post and maby you can see what I'm doing wrong.

>OK, now I'm dumbfounded:-(. I can compile it, but when I open>the gauage up in a text editor, it has a bunch of error lines.>I'm gona include the gauage with this post and maby you can>see what I'm doing wrong.I have the entire Sample gauge project set up for VS 2003 .NETPerhaps it will help you sort out what you've got setup incorrectly, as this one will compile a working SDK.gau file...Write to me at n4gix@comcast.net if you'd like to receive the file, as it is too large for a file attachment here...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jdallen26

It works finaly. Thankyou for the sample project. When I wenty to compile it, it gave one error (unable to find fs9gauges.h). I do not have that file and am not able to find it on the internet anywhere. If you have this file, may I get a copy of it? Also, it;s throwing one warning (warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch). I dont't know if it will cause issues with the gauge or what. Also, if there are any other resources I could get would be great. I'm just learning, but give me a few months and I'll be "flying" with this. I plan on making a gauage that will be panneled, like the GPS unit. It will display usefull info about most aspects of the flight. I'll post it beta testing as soon as I can. Thanks again for your help.Jay Allenjay.allen1@us.army.mil

The archive sd2gau17.zip, available at flightsim.com was, I believe, the original source for the file fs9gauges.h, although it may now be available elsewhere. To get yourself started, you should be just fine using the file GAUGES.H from the MS Panels SDK. Just change the reference in the source file.BTW, sd2gau17.zip is a gauge creation tutorial. It is fairly technical, but does have a wealth of useful information.Doug Dawson

>It works finaly. Thankyou for the sample project. When I>wenty to compile it, it gave one error (unable to find>fs9gauges.h). I do not have that file and am not able to find>it on the internet anywhere. If you have this file, may I get>a copy of it? Doubleclick on the "error" line in the lower panel to move the diagnostic pointer to the offending line in the source file.Change the name to whatever you call the gauges.h file in your inc folder of VS 2003 .NET... ;)As Doug pointed out, I am using a modified version of the "stock gauges.h" file from the MS SDK that is included in sd2gau17.zip from Dai Griffith's tutorial (actually, it's more of a BOOK than a simple tutorial!)...I've since made a few custom modifications of my own to the one supplied by Dai (which was itself heavily annotated and modified by our friend Arne Bartels)... ;)

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Guest jdallen26

Ok, got it straightened out, but I'm unable to find sd2gau17.zip. The only thing I can find is a file listing of it.I'm able to display 1 image and noting else. Working on it. Thanks for all the help.

Guest jdallen26

Bill,Thanks for the file. I've learned a lot and pretty mutch got the image and text bascics downw. Thank you guys for all the help.Jay Allen