Sign in to follow this  

First off please excuse me for posting this many lines. I have been working on an ECU for the DC-4 using a stretched version of the MS DC3 ecu background and levers bitmaps. The code for the prop,,throttle and mixture came from the VNConnie.cab. I have everything working fine except the mouse overs for the props and throttles. I somehow managed to get the tool tip areas in good shape for the mixture and it works good. The following code is for the throttles, if someone could point me in the right direction I would surely appreciate it. The mouse doesnt show at all with this coding. I'm sure it's the area locations that are wrong but this is where I'm confused. Seems that some of the throttles are coupled.Thanks ever so muchJohn(A:general eng1 throttle lever position,part) (A:Throttle lower limit,part) /-/ + b 1 + /(A:general eng2 throttle lever position,part) (A:Throttle lower limit,part) /-/ + b 1 + /(A:general eng3 throttle lever position,part) (A:Throttle lower limit,part) /-/ + b 1 + /(A:general eng4 throttle lever position,part) (A:Throttle lower limit,part) /-/ + b 1 + /(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 48 - (*skip top runof*) 100 (*148-48*) / (*divide by running height*) 0 max 1 min (*into [0-1]*) 1 - /-/ (*from bttom to top*) 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + (*apply lower limit*) 16384.0 * (*KEY_THROTTLE1_SET requires 16k*) (>K:THROTTLE1_SET)Left Throttle Set(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 48 - (*skip top runof*) 100 / (*divide by running height*) 0 max 1 min (*into [0-1]*) 1 - /-/ (*from bttom to top*) 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + (*apply lower limit*) 16384.0 * (*KEY_THROTTLE1_SET requires 16k*) d (>K:THROTTLE1_SET) (>K:THROTTLE2_SET)(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 48 - (*skip top runof*) 100 (*148-48*) / (*divide by running height*) 0 max 1 min (*into [0-1]*) 1 - /-/ (*from bttom to top*) 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + (*apply lower limit*) 16384.0 * (*KEY_THROTTLE2_SET requires 16k*) (>K:THROTTLE2_SET)Throttle Set(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 48 - (*skip top runof*) 100 / (*divide by running height*) 0 max 1 min (*into [0-1]*) 1 - /-/ (*from bttom to top*) 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + (*apply lower limit*) 16384.0 * (*KEY_THROTTLE_SET requires 16k*) (>K:THROTTLE_SET)(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 48 - (*skip top runof*) 100 (*148-48*) / (*divide by running height*) 0 max 1 min (*into [0-1]*) 1 - /-/ (*from bttom to top*) 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + (*apply lower limit*) 16384.0 * (*KEY_THROTTLE3_SET requires 16k*) (>K:THROTTLE3_SET)Right Throttle Set(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 48 - (*skip top runof*) 100 / (*divide by running height*) 0 max 1 min (*into [0-1]*) 1 - /-/ (*from bttom to top*) 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + (*apply lower limit*) 16384.0 * (*KEY_THROTTLE1_SET requires 16k*) d (>K:THROTTLE3_SET) (>K:THROTTLE4_SET)(M:Y) (*Get Y*) 48 - (*skip top runof*) 100 (*148-48*) / (*divide by running height*) 0 max 1 min (*into [0-1]*) 1 - /-/ (*from bttom to top*) 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + (*apply lower limit*) 16384.0 * (*KEY_THROTTLE4_SET requires 16k*) (>K:THROTTLE4_SET)

Hi,1. As far as i can see, you didn't define the top and bottom of the areas2. the 4 throttles need only 4 areas and don't overlap them.so this is one working code:< Area Left="120" Right="140" Top="420" Bottom="450" >(M:Y) 48 - 100 / 0 max 1 min 1 - /-/ 1 (A:Throttle lower limit,part) s0 - * l0 + 16384.0 * (>K:THROTTLE1_SET)Add 2-4 just by changing area, engine - and throttle number.Hope it helps,Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan thanks for the reply. I tried that code but still no joy. There is something spooky bout this thing,,The mouse over codes I had were the same that went with the levers code and it worked in the Connie. The only thing I had changed was the click spots. The mixture worked well,,so go figure. Well thanks again, I'll sit on it for a while,,maybe come up with something. I dont use the mouse for the props or throttle so I can use this like it is.For now I'm a little tired of this thing. LOLThanks again JanJohn

Jan: All is well. It seems you can have only one set of tags. I had used a set for each,,prop, throttle and mixture.John