Sign in to follow this  
Guest william273

GPS/HSI

Guest william273

hi guys, hope someone can or will answer this. i have noticed on a few different addon panels for various aircraft that if i make a GPS only flightplan and only to airport to airport no VORs or NDBs just the airports, when i switch the nav/gps switch to gps, nothing will show up in the HSI. sometimes i want to check out a certain something or whatever and make a quick GPS flightplan from one airport to another say 100 miles away. i takeoff and fly the omni bearing needle in the HSI to stay on course. that will work with the default heavy aircraft but alot of the addon panels i have for my addon aircraft won't let me do that. i have to put a VOR in the flightplan for the HSI to read the GPS otherwise it will not read it. hope i'm making sense here. the panels i'm talking about have a very sophisticated look and i like them alot. i would just like to know if i am doing something wrong or was the GPS/HSI connection left out for some reason? if so i can understand just not sure why or if it's maybe a bug possibly. i am NOT complaining just wondering. thanks for taking the time to read this and by the way, i think you guys do a fantastic job! william

Guest william273

i am talking about freeware panels for "heavy" aircraft. thought you might need to know that. william

Most likely they are non compliant gauges.A gauge that uses (A:NAV1 CDI, number) will not work unless tuned from the radio stack.A gauge that uses (A:HSI CDI NEEDLE, number) will work when NAV/GPS is off AND tuned to a vor from the radio stack OR NAV/GPS is on and currently tracking a waypoint from the stock GPS.Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap 

Guest william273

thanks for your reply. i'll just accept they are the way they are and live with it. thanks again. william