Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

COMPLAINT ARIANE'S NEW CON!!!!! what can we do?

Hmmm "Good afternoon gents" well a gentleman in my book should sign a post with his name.2nd post at avsim eh? .... ripe for an Ariane con. :)I would say do your research first (at avsim) before buying any FS addon....having said that I am the first to admit to having been too eager to buy.IMHO Ariane are a terrible company and always have been. Charging for paints has been my number one bugbear as their painters have lacked basic skills and the texture mapping!An aircraft has two wings right?...how can you have top and bottom textures for only one wing!:-eek what about registrations on the wing! :-hmmmHow long has it been since the 737 has had no eyebrows? Helloooo Ariane!I have liked the Ariane 737 model from way back when despite all the c**p that goes with it.I am glad that 50 North came along and blew out the older Ariane 737's...but what has happened to 50North :-hmmm ....some cargo models please!....aaaand winglets!It may well end up with great freeware groups like POSKY providing the FS community what we need commitment, dedication , variants and mucho updates! :-hah I think I have had too much wine! *:-*

You deal with toilets, you get, well you know....They have a reputation for a reason.Nuff said, now I'm going for some Scotch. (the heck with wine Ed!)

Dont have ariane, dont know anything about them, but i must say something on this thread, that is a true gent doesnt need to sign his or her name on an internet forum, sorry Ed not trying to start a argument, but i totally disagree with this.However I 100% agree with you on the fact that someone should search avsim and other forums, also reviews before making a purchase.

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

>Dont have ariane, dont know anything about them, but i must>say something on this thread, that is a true gent doesnt need>to sign his or her name on an internet forum, sorry Ed not>trying to start a argument, but i totally disagree with this.>>However I 100% agree with you on the fact that someone should>search avsim and other forums, also reviews before making a>purchase.>>Excuse me,...but real gents have nothing to hide from fellow simmers and other non simmers for that sake. Let me ask you,...if you meet a person who you shake hand with,...do you say "Hi I am flyinpilot212121" ?Are the words "good manners" not known anymore. :-hmmmI see no negative reasons to sign a post with your real name. On the contrary,...I am sure that 80% of all flame wars should dissapere, and a more respectfull and friendly forum atmosphere should see the daylight again. You know,....the atmosphere which once was in this community.....a loooong time ago. ;-)One idea could be not to answer a post with a non real name author in the future. :-hahAs far as I know, Tom stated a long time ago that real names should be used in AVSIM forums. Don

Staffan

Guest russell_UK4DT

Hi!now im kinda new to avsim!So i need to prove myself to be a gent now by putting my real name in? that's kinda stupid!. with ariane watching this page i dont want them to see my name (incase thay block my account) and alsoi watch myself on the internet. there are scammers about and im verry new to this page..So to come and tell me i ant no gent just for not sayn my real name on is dam right rude... if you was in england sir sayn things like that ull find urself in hot water verry soon lol :-)now let's drop the gent comment n ill call you all people? would that make u feel better? hehehehe..Ariane said if i post on avsim about this thay will suspend my account and take away what i paid for!!UK4DTRoss A.K.A gent

To the OP,You asked if there is anything that can be done about this newest disgrace from Ariane. Yes, the same thing many of us have been doing about Ariane, Captain Sim, and other companies for a long time....just stay away from them. A quick search in the AVSIM forums will yield much evidence about the shadowy ways of some payware providers. Do your research, read the reviews, and be prepared for disappointment if you don't. The Ariane saga is getting old, but I am still amazed by how many people continue to fall into the Tishma trap. The same goes for CS; time after time we hear of there faults, especially with customer support, yet we continue to see posts of recently dissatisfied customers. Please everyone, do your research first. It can save you a lot of time, money, and hassle.-Jeremy

Guest DanWalloch

And PMDG charges 3.95 Euro for a 12 month extended download period. Once again paying more for something you already paid for. Just a thought as I laugh at Ariane. Also why does PMDG charge in Euros instead of US Dollars when they are a US founded company and employs more US based people than from any other country from which their staff is from. Sure translates into a nice return on the US dollar when converted back.

Since some time now, I can see especially social behaviour, general interest and risk awareness of people continuously degrading.Electronic devices, media and technology are quickly evolving and penetrating people's lives in many areas, but the average joe has minimal to no knowledge of the mechanisms behind the scenes.A common trend is to move away from physical media and towards online licensing models and pay per use fees. By purchasing let's say software or media (music,...), instead of getting a boxed product and being able to install it whenever and wherever one likes, software/media nowadays is usually downloaded and activated online. This kind of "protection" is beneficial for the company selling software or media or thelikes, but a big disadvantage for the customer since the freedom to decide when and where to install or use the software is completely handed over to a 3rd party, the vendor. He is in total control, and able to completely lock a customer out and prevent the usage of the purchased product at all.I for my part are pretty unhappy with how this phenomenon grows on a daily basis, and in time it gets harder to escape - what alternatives do you have if music CD production is cancelled one day? And if Sony Music decides to not longer let you listen the downloaded album, does anyone really think there's any probate measure to fight such a decision?Fact is that 3rd parties slowly and silently take over, people only faintly realize if they experience problems, but usually the mass keeps being happy with what they get and never ask - welcome to the new world.Andreas

Wow....I guess I will have to start buying more CD's.As far as Ariane is concerned, there record has been made very clear here at AVSIM as well as several other forums on the web. If someone is going to fork out that much money for a FS addon, they need to do there research first. I feel sorry for the original poster, but all of the info he needed was right at his fingertips before he made the purchase. I'm waiting for "signmanbob" to come in here and promote the living #### out of Ariane.

Dan,there is a huge difference between the practices of PMDG and Ariane. It seems as if Ariane now charges you every time you want to re-install the airplane since they have to issue an "reactivation ticket" (although I'm not sure wether installing on the very same computer with the same hardware needs reactivation).PMDG give you the OPTION to have their servers function as a back up server for you. They certainly don't charge you for re-installing. Why it is even necessary to have this kind of service is beyond me since IMHO any sane person who has dealt with computers should start off with making a backup copy of any software they purchase or download. I have all thousands of euros worth of files on a NAS, a different computer and on DVD's :DAlso one of the bigger online shops for flight simulation software (don't recall if it's simmarket, Aerosoft or some other) has your purchased software downloadable only for a limited time but you can purchase against a small fee the same kind of service PMDG offers.

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

Continuing the OT sub-thread; I'm with Ed and Staffan on the "good manners" thing. It's always amazed me that absolutely anyone can become a forum member using not only some strange user name, but also have their true identity hidden.I'm not too sure about your memory concerning Avsim requiring real names Staffan; maybe it was something that was discussed at some point. I do, however, remember just after Avsim website launched, Project Freeware were given an Avsim support forum. Unfortunately, we (Project Freeware) felt it was appropriate for forum visitors to not only be required to register their true identity before gaining access, but to also use their real name in forum posts. Sadly, Avsim disagreed with this and eventually Project Freeware moved to another support forum.Also, as this is an English written forum, a bit more effort in the areas of grammar and spelling would be nice. It's actually pretty embarassing to read some forum posts by people who are obviously not native English speakers, and yet are able to write English so much better than those who are apparently English and presumeably English educated! I know some people will obviously think "why bother"; my kids are always laughing at the way I send SMS text's, but seriously, init, gr8, gonna, cu, luv, 2moro, u, coz etc are not real English words and I get really ###### at peoples laziness.Ooops! Sorry went off at a bit of tangent there. Anyway, I'm all for the "only reply to real names" use of the forums until Avsim actually do the right thing and impose it :-)PaulAlso, how on earth does this become "Hangar Chat"? I've no personal experience of Ariane, but have to say if wanted to research users opinions on an FS9 product, I wouldn't be looking in the bloody "Hangar Chat" forum!!!

Cheers

Paul Golding

Continuing the OT sub-thread; I'm with Ed and Staffan on the "good manners" thing. It's always amazed me that absolutely anyone can become a forum member using not only some strange user name, but also have their true identity hidden.With the real threat these days of identity theft, I won't give anyone on an online forum anything but my first name, I'll give my full name to AVSIM for administration purposes, but not to the general public. That' just the way it is these days unfortunately. It's never a good idea to give any personal information about yourself online, that includes your Name. Your name is the most treasured thing you have, you need to do all you can to protect it. Something as innocuous as a name a criminal can use to steal your identity. All they would have to do is do a search on one of the unscrupulous personal information sites, which some may include your Social Security number which some how they may have gotten a hold of. Then you'll be spending the next seven years trying to repair the damage, wondering how anybody got your information. Identity theft is a real problem these days, and you have to do what is needed to protect yourself.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

Where on the website did it state that Arianne would propvide you with a free, unlimited number of re-intallations for an unlimited period of time?Unless it explicitly did, your complaint in groundless.

The name used to sign a post is irrelevant and has no connection with good manners. Good manners is solely related to the style and content of a post. Indeed, I suggest that attacking a poster for not using a real name rather than responding to it rationally is an example of bad mannersApart fromm anything else how do we know that a "real" name is real? How can you prove to us that your real name is Staffan?I've used my initials here since I joined and am unaware of any rule requiring "real" names.

Guest russell_UK4DT

Hi all..Ooooook... i can see some of you are lost with my post...When i paid for the 737... 12 + month's ago... there was no fee to switch it on.... ariane back in them days did not do things this way...so it'a not part of the agreement when i clickd on buy now...?as it was not invented at the time of sale..this new scam has only been out for 4-5 months... so how would i know of this?? :-(.. so now i find my 737 in the bin. If i was told this b4 i paid for it then i would not of compleated the sale....this just came up n bit me in the bud....i feel so STUPID lol... im new to avsim so i didnt know of ariane and Peter Tishma... A.K.A Wa*ker... :-(.. no wonder he's got a bad name. Why dose he still do this? has he no shame? or pride?Russ UK4DT...... <------------ Russ is my name. no way will i stick my last name up!! ALL ISP's say... DONT POST YOUR INFO ON ANY PAGE'S i.e last name ect ect... hackers can and will find you...Russ UK4DT