Sign in to follow this  
Bob Scott

COMPLAINT ARIANE'S NEW CON!!!!! what can we do?

Tom,With the real threat these days of identity theft, I won't give anyone on an online forum anything but my first name, I'll give my full name to AVSIM for administration purposes, but not to the general public. That' just the way it is these days unfortunately. It's never a good idea to give any personal information about yourself online, that includes your Name. Your name is the most treasured thing you have, you need to do all you can to protect it. Something as innocuous as a name a criminal can use to steal your identity. All they would have to do is do a search on one of the unscrupulous personal information sites, which some may include your Social Security number which some how they may have gotten a hold of. Then you'll be spending the next seven years trying to repair the damage, wondering how anybody got your information. Identity theft is a real problem these days, and you have to do what is needed to protect yourself.I can't believe you think it's that easy for someone to steal your identity. So what you're saying is that once someone knows your name you're easy meat for a fraudster? So where does that leave people like authors, broadcasters, journalists et al? And presumably I can expect to have my identity stolen any time now along with people like Tom Allensworth? Hmmm, I don't think so. :-rollWith respect I think you're being paranoid. I've used my name online for the last 15 years without any problems whatsoever. To commit identify fraud in the UK someone would need to know an awful lot more about me than just my name!I bet you don't buy anything online either do you? The thought of entering your credit card number on a website must fill you with dread! :-eek

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest hmstiger

It's unclear if Mr. Tishma is still there - I got this note from their customer service person. This comment possibly refers to an old myth. Mr Tishma and the reputation that Avsim promoted against his name has nothing to do with our selling our products. In any case, we did decide to look into the matter and found that Mr Tishma never did any of the things Avsim blamed him for. What we did find was a certain amount of unfair divisiveness which had you done your homework, you may have seen why. That is Avsims problem and not ours. We do not know why you are placing this item on the list since it is irrelevant to our selling our products. We do not need to discuss it.So, can you tell me if he's involved or not? I can't. Colin WarePortland

As a customer - I bought the 736 VCE - a few years ago - I received the following mail on Sunday, 23 Nov 08.Quote: "Making a Difference - Toward 2009Things are changing at Ariane. A range of brand new products and new support policies is being introduced. We hope to make the Ariane experience a lot easier and more welcoming. My name is India Knight and I will be leading the change and looking into the way we present Ariane as well as the way we register products (issues such as reactivating loyal users for free are already up and running). We have made the process of using and registering the product a lot easier as many people have been finding out with the new and full featured, Boeing 737-800 X2. Please take the time to read through this newsletter and press any links for free updates for FS9 or FSX products, or links to review new products. I will be heading up a new support team of people, people dedicated to do whatever they can in the months ahead to help you with your products and to offering updates as well as support you need for FSX (issues like PC tips for Vista Flight and white papers on how to use some of the features will be some of the free items we aim to offer). If your desire is to continue flying FS9 into 2009, we will also be supporting FS9 with new products as well as the accompanying support too. We are developing a new loyal user gold card scheme for the new year which we aim to be made available to everyone along with the promise of a gift for new FSX product purchases this Christmas and a new email center almost ready for launch will change the way we make contact and keep you informed. Our aim is to tailor more toward customer satisfaction as well as to garner new ideas from pilots to help make the whole experience of simulation a more satisfying and rewarding one. Assuring you of our best attention at all times. I hope to meet you on our forum to hear your ideas as well as your views. Thank you for your support. I wish you a good season to come. India KnightSupport and Customer Liaison"End quote.Seems like things are changing at Ariane.Cheers, Wolfgang

I have no idea if he's involved at this point or not. However, it is abundantly clear, and well substantiated, that he did, in fact, do the things that he was taken to task for by AVSIM. Given that, you can judge the email for yourself.DJ