Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Blindingly stupid questions ahead

Guest iholrf

Well, hard as I tried, my addiction to the sim is firm... after a few weeks hiatus (ribs healed, sun shining, bike calling) I have found myself back in front of this darn screen playing still. So... I ran through the gmax tutorials a few times, and poked out a few models of poor quality, figured I was in over my head until I discovered a few free gmax model sources, including one for the model 18... nice I think, and grab it... When it comes time to do anything however, I must admit, the tutorials that came with GMAX did little to educate me. So here is my first really stupid question:I managed to export it to the sim and while in the 2d panel and vc, everything looks normal, but, when I look at the bare model from an external view it's gigantic. I did as the SDK and various tutorials suggested and set the units to meters before exporting it... What am I doing wrong here?The model is the b18g from FreeFlight Design Shop.CheersShad

Guest Matholomew

Did the export give you an error that says an object has a scale applied? this frequently supersizes planes, and if this is the case, select all, heiarchy tab, reset scale button. another possible cause is that you simply modeled it too big. in that case, select all, uniform scale, click+drag down to desired dimensions, heiarchy tab, reset scale button. i only just learned how to fix the cursed scale error myself, so dont feel too stupid. "There are no stupid questions, but there are a LOT of inquisitive idiots"-despair, inc.

Guest iholrf

Hi Matt,Thanks for your reply. I tried both of your suggestions, but unfortunately they did not work. I am at a loss on how to proceed. I guess I should go look to see if FFDS has a forum for these models.CheersShad