Sign in to follow this  

Hi,Toggling (>K:TOGGLE_HYDRAULIC_FAILURE) diminishes the amount of hydraulic fluid rapidly (A:Hydraulic1 reservoir percent, percent).Is it possible for the C++ pro's to find a way to fill the reservoirs again?Now i have to use (>K:RELOAD_USER_AIRCRAFT).Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,I suspect that this could be achieved with an FSUIPC write, although I have never tried to do so. I don't think there is any way within FS to do it, other than the Reload Aircraft command you have already mentioned.Doug

Doug,Pity for the time being.Have to postpone my efforts to simulate a leak.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Hi Jan,I guess you know how to drain the hydraulics and make the bird steer like a rock with no need to use the system...:-) (and refill it in a second as well)RegardsTom

Tom,I have a simulated hyd sys, but not working 100% as I would like.How do you drain and refill?Custom (L:Var's)?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,That's the way. For instance, using custom L:Vars you can simulate a progressive leak in any of the hydraulics systems (L/C/R for a 757/767), which may lead to a loss of its respective controls: ailerons, spoilers, elevators, brakes, autopilot, etc. Its up to you to manage the severity, and in case you make it to the ground in one piece, maintenance guys can "repair and refill" the doomed system.Other things you may custom control (ground only):Ailerons and elevators droop when no hyd press availabe; loose rudder that deflects upon wind factor; inop spoilers, flaps and brakes, a complete nose wheel tiller system, and much more...you just need to take control of the respective events.Regards,Tom

Tom,What you describe is about the system i have.I use the same idea for oxygen, fire ext. bottles etc.I hoped, in analogy of the fueldump and -add capacity of C++, that the same could be accomplished for the hyd fluids.Btw. together with ground services, i also use the RAT to enable a safe return.The RAT brings the depleted (L:Var)'s etc. to values that steering is just possible.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Jan,May I ask then why did you state "Have to postpone my efforts to simulate a leak." ?Tom

Tom,Only the use of the known MS (A:Var)'s and (K:events)(A:Hyd reservoir perc, press, quantity, integrety, circuit) and (K:toggle hyd failure).I was trying again to incorporate those var's and commands, together with the bleedair and elec systems and RAT (new Posky 767!) to "update" my hyd system, hoping the C++ pro's could help me out for the fluids.So i stick for a while to the old one.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Btw.To steer like a rock..I use some SET events for elevator, ailerons, rudder etc. That is not quite satisfactory.I tried to incorporate some L:Var's and redirect them via the section to influence the steering-rate using the axis commands.Not very succesfull for the moment, still experimenting.Any other ideas or code?Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Skymed

Trying to do exactly the same thing myself, but no success yet.Steve

This is an extract of some code I'm using to control ground steeringin my 757 project (actually quite raw, but works fine): @1 0 >= if{ 1 } els{ -1 } 4.14 @AxisSign((A:Rudder Position, percent)) s0 * (A:Airspeed Indicated, knots) 60 - d 0 > * * 17 l0 * + (L:Rudder Hydraulic Press Available, bool) if{ (A:Sim On Ground, bool) (A:Ground Velocity, knots) 1 > && if{ (A:Rudder Position, percent) abs 17 > (A:Airspeed Indicated, knots) 80 < && if{ @RuddPosPercent s1 abs (A:Rudder Position, percent) abs < if{ l1 163.83 /-/ * (>K:RUDDER_SET) } } } }els{ (A:Rudder Position, percent) (>K:RUDDER_SET) } It does the following1) Prevents rudder movement from rudder pedal action when no Hyd available, keeping the rudder on its last known position (ie may be deflected by wind action)2) Maintains a max nose gear deflection angle of aprox. +- 7 deg. as per rudder pedal action, which equals a rudder deflection angle of aprox. +- 17 % using POSKY airfile. Rudder action adquires full control between 60-80 knots IAS.Now, the only oddity here is rudder deflection in spot plane view ( visual model), which won't go beyond that percentage (17%) and so it is not real, but there is nothing we can do here (i think) as it depends on model animation's sequence. However, just to "refine" it a bit, rudder will deflect free as per pedal input when parked with hyd press available.Hope this helpsTom

Hi,I still use this simple one:(FAILURE) if{ (A:YOKE X POSITION,percent) -163.83 * (>K:AILERON_SET) } between value tags.Could be far better, but it certainly influences the behaviour of the ailerons.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"