Sign in to follow this  
Guest iholrf

Beech 18 on floats??

I've searched in every corner of the Internet for a Beech 18 on floats and have had no luck?The simTECH Beech 18 is an awesome plane and I've thought about trying to learn GMax in order to put floats on it but that looks like a job that's well out of my league, at least for a while yet.There's a real life Beech 18 with floats that I've watched take off on several occasions and it's a beautiful sight (and sound).If anyone knows of an FS9 Beech 18 on floats that I could locate, I'd sure appreciate it, or if someone thinks modeling or grafting floats onto the existing SimTECH version is possible, that would be fantastic!!Thanx :)

Hi,May be this one?volpar_amphib.zip Here in the library.Author: Brian Gladden.Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

>Hi,>>May be this one?>>volpar_amphib.zip >JanThanx Jan, no that's not quite it. I have that one and it's quite a bit different than the normal Beech 18. I appreciate your reply :)

Guest iholrf

>I've searched in every corner of the Internet for a Beech 18>on floats and have had no luck?>The simTECH Beech 18 is an awesome plane and I've thought>about trying to learn GMax in order to put floats on it but>that looks like a job that's well out of my league, at least>for a while yet.>There's a real life Beech 18 with floats that I've watched>take off on several occasions and it's a beautiful sight (and>sound).>If anyone knows of an FS9 Beech 18 on floats that I could>locate, I'd sure appreciate it, or if someone thinks modeling>or grafting floats onto the existing SimTECH version is>possible, that would be fantastic!!>Thanx :)Actually, I am working on just that. The project started life out as an upgrade to the Volpar Tri-Gear, but has since been changed to a Model 18G (check recent postings and you will see my struggles with this change, heheh). My final project will include a float and ski version of the plane. Stay tuned to this forum and you will see my progress, as I ask lots and lots of questions :). God knows when I will be done, but I will continue to make test releases available periodically.BTW, there was a real Model 18 D float forsale recently. Only 150k. I have never seen an amphibian version of a Model 18, just water only or land only versions, but the project model will be amphib (artistic license - :D ).CheersShad