Sign in to follow this  
Guest EasyEd

.air and aircraft.cfg differences between FS2k2 and FS9

Guest Matholomew

I recently imported an FS2k2 palne ive been making into FS9, only to discover that it no longer flies like it should. the flaps, which use to make me able to hover at a near standstill, now have very little effect on anything, the engines seem to have lost power, and im not getting the lift i used to enjoy. how does FS9 read the .air and aircraft.cfg files differently, and how would I rectify this most unfortunate situation?Thanks in advance.

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,I don't know the answer to your question as I usually try to move FS9 aircraft into FS2k2 which is a similar albeit different challenge. One site you might try asking your question on is...http://www.aerodynamika.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgiTake Care and Good Luck! -Ed-

Guest Matholomew

Thanks for the reply, ed.I posted on FFDS a few days before i posted here and still havent received an answer. Still waiting for help... please?

Guest Mathias

Matt,a lot of variables have changed between FS2002 and 2004. Some have even become completely ineffective, other new ones have been added. Some variables and tables now have a different effect than they used to have. It has always been this way ever since the model file was taken out of the air file many FS-versions ago - every new FS version has brought sometimes substantial changes in the flight simulation core called the air file. That is what FS is REALLY about and the single reason it's structure and inner workings have never been disclosed by Microsoft. Only due to the work of gifted hex hackers and extremely patient aircraft programmers going the stoney trial-and-error path plus not even a handful of interface programmers do we have enough understanding of the air file that we can come quite close to the actual numbers of real aircraft within the FS2004 environment nowadays. I started from a default FS2004 air file / aircraft.cfg and programmed my favourite plane from ground up in FS2004. That was the only way I could get it to behave again similar to what it used to be in FS2002 and ever closer to the real thing. Sorry to say there is no easier way out of this...

Guest EasyEd

Hey All,Another site that I frequent has some very skilled plane modelers on it as well. You might also ask there - sim-outhouse. It's mainly a warbird site but a plane is a plane and a number of these guys might be able to help you. Sorry i can't as I'm just starting to learn how to deal with airfiles.Take Care! -Ed-