Sign in to follow this  
Guest GTO

X ,Y , coordinates and Pixel size in paint shop pro 8.

Guest GTO

Hi all,I am using paint shop pro 8 to enter the gauge coordinates in the panel config.Is the crop tool the correct tool to use to get the x y and pixel sise. when I use the crop tool on my image to postion were I want the gauge to go, when I take me finger off the mouse botton the coordinates that are displayed in the bottom tool bar disappear.Is their another method in paint shop pro 8 that displays the coordinates.Cheers Rhys

I'm using PSP 7, but my guess is this hasn't changed in PSP8.You can use either the Crop tool (like you do) or the Select tool.But you are right: when you release the mousebutton, the coordinates/size disappear from the bar.I wouldn't know of another way to do this with PSP.Note that (but you probably know that), that this method of determining coordinates/size of a gauge in the panel only works when:1. the File-size as defined in the panel is the same as the panel window bitmap (in pixels). Which is not always true.2. the panel bitmap covers the whole screen.Rob

Guest GTO

Thanks RobNo, I did not know about one and two I have found an image of my panel to map on my Virtual cockpit.What I did was cut out the panel and paste it on to a 1024x1024 texture It does not fill the texture sheet.In paint shop pro how do you enlarge a image. I may need to enlarge the image of my panel and paste that onto a new 1024x1024 texture and one other thing, were is the select tool in paint shop pro ( Iam new to paint shop)Cheers Rhys

Guest iholrf

>Thanks Rob>No, I did not know about one and two >I have found an image of my panel to map on my Virtual>cockpit.>What I did was cut out the panel and paste it on to a>1024x1024 texture It does not fill the texture sheet.>In paint shop pro how do you enlarge a image. I may need to>enlarge the image of my panel and paste that onto a new>1024x1024 texture and one other thing, were is the select>tool in paint shop pro ( Iam new to paint shop)>>Cheers >>Rhys We're talking about the VC I take it? If so, the VC panel might be made up of more than one virtual panel. EG: in one aircraft I looked at vc main panel was made up of three VC panel windows placed side by side, each of 1024x1024 size. Effectively, the actual resolution of the panel was 3072x1024... but the sim squeeezzed it all together to fit the 1024 background texture. When I attempt to add a square gauge to one of them (say 75x75) and then go look at the results the sim... the gauge is rectangular and the background texture has rather severe perspective skew... beginning to see the problem? If you are the creator of the model, then this is likely already known to you, but if you are not, you may find you run into all sorts of problems trying to figure out what the original builder is doing :) Good Luck.As for PSP... Click "view/toolbars", ensure "Tool Pallet" is selected. The selection tool is the one shaped like a dashed box. It is next to or above a tool that looks like a lasso. You can also use *ctrl a* to "select all". The select tool has many features controlable from the.. er "Control Pallet".In the same place make sure "Status Bar" is selected. All the buttons' tooltips are displayed on the status bar along with some options. Simply hover over the button with the mouse then look down to the stats bar. Very handy.Resize is *shift s* or "Image/Resize" on the menu bar. Make sure "Maintain Aspect Ratio" is selected.As for coords... you only need the top left corner coords and then gauge size. All xml guages will have either a window or background image size that will be the gauges "natural" size. Simply open the gauge in notepad (its near the top), note the size then scale accordingly in the panel config (ie - do the math ;) ). With "C" gauges I don't know where or how you might find that information without the source.CheersShad

Guest GTO

Thanks ShadThat's just the information I was after. It's made things a lot easier Cheers Rhys