Sign in to follow this  
taguilo

Airport mapping in a ND

Guest Eugen

Hi,I was just playing around with the vector drawing in xml and realised that could make a symbol that I wanted through using a lot of polylines. I wonder if I could somehow get the position of airports and loop that until I have drawn all airports with the vector icon in a ND . I have seen that loop exist in the fs9 GPS and I have also seen various variables for aiport lat and lon.The purpose is to get your own icons istead of the default ones in the map mode in the FS9 GPS.Could that be done what do you think?Vector Airport Icon 2 3 + 2 3 + This code could probably be optimized just a QD.//Eugen

Hi Eugen,This element shows the position of the next waypoint on my HUD.I stopped exploring possibility's to show the other ones.Maybe indeed with GPS commands, @C: etc. you can "loop".(A:GPS WP DISTANCE, nmiles) (>L:DME,nmiles) (A:GPS WP TRUE REQ HDG,radians) (A:GPS GROUND TRUE HEADING,radians) - pi 2 / + pi + (>L:rad,radians) (L:rad,radians) sin (L:DME,nmiles) *(L:rad,radians) cos (L:DME,nmiles) *Jan"Beatus Ille Procul Negotiis"

Guest Eugen

Hi,I have been looking into the loop and I don't really grip how it works. Has anyone managed to get a grip of this could explain it how it works. Could the loop only be used in a string ?BrgdsEugenA snip code from the fs9 GPS which I couldn't get to work%((@c:NearestAirportItemsNumber) s2 0 !=)%{if}%(0 sp1)%{loop}%(l1 (>@c:NearestAirportCurrentLine))%((@g:listCurrent) l1 == (@g:listItems) 1 == and)%{if}{blnk}%{end}%((@c:NearestAirportCurrentIdent))%!s!{nr}t%{end}%{next}%{end}

Hi,Afaik, {loop} only works for strings. I'm working currently on the ND area of my 757 project, and so far I've managed to use the exact symbols of its Map/Plan mode, (via bmps though). I don't work with fs9gps:map or rose but use the @C:NearestVor, NearestAirport, NearestIntersection, etc variables; one element for each type of waypoint (bmp) , and another (a string) for its ID. When finished it will be a huge gauge, containing 200 + elements; despite that my first testings didn't show significant loss in fps.Tom

BTW, your code lacks of an instruction like:%(l1 ++ s1 l2 <)Didn't try, but should work:%((@c:NearestAirportItemsNumber) s2 0 !=)%{if}%(0 sp1)%{loop}%(l1 (>@c:NearestAirportCurrentLine))%((@g:listCurrent) l1 == (@g:listItems) 1 ==and)%{if}{blnk}%{end}%((@c:NearestAirportCurrentIdent))%!s!{nr}t%{end}// PUT HERE%(l1 ++ s1 l2 <)(* Comment will loop Until l1 (NApCurrLine) is lower or equal to max number of lines l2 (NApItemsNumber) after that will exit the loop *)//%{next}%{end}Regards,Tom