Sign in to follow this  
garydpoole

Gauge to adjust drop down menu options

HiKnowing very little about gauges, can anyone tell me whether it is possible to adjust (read toggle) drop-down menu options such as "Extended Textures", "Ground Shadows" etc via custom made gauges, eg, panel toggle switches ?If so, can it be done using xml or is some dedicated software package required ?Many thanksGary

I have been wondering this too for a special project I have. I hope someone answers affirmatively. Regards, Bob

Gary,Don't think you will be able to do much of this with XML... I know for a fact that you can control Ground Shadows using FSUIPC writes. You can also control Aircraft Shadows and Aircraft Reflections this way. These actions can be built into a gauge easily enough.I just checked - Extended Textures is a no go with FSUIPC.Doug

>Gary,>>Don't think you will be able to do much of this with XML... >I know for a fact that you can control Ground Shadows using>FSUIPC writes. You can also control Aircraft Shadows and>Aircraft Reflections this way. These actions can be built>into a gauge easily enough.>I just checked - Extended Textures is a no go with FSUIPC.>>DougThanks, Doug. Shame about the answer as i already have a aircraft shaddow gauge (not written by myself i hasten to add) and i find it really convenient.Gary