The AI traffic and the ATC was a great improvement in FS2002, imporved again in FS2004. Nevertheless, it still has many problems, especially in the traffic management by the controllers.A very common example is when you are waiting for take off behind another aircraft. As soon as the aircraft takes off, you are asked to position and hold, which is normal. At this time, when you are waiting ON the runway, you can hear the controller clearing another aircraft for landing on the same runway. This is ridiculous...I don't want to be the one who always complains. My question is to know if anyone (maybe a "hacker") can change the way the ATC works in FS2004?I have a good programming knowledge (C/C++) and I develop gauges, but I have no idea about understanding/modifying a compiled executable code.Any clue ?Let's hope Microsoft will hear this call and improve ATC in FS2006 :-)Eric

Guest zip

You mean aside from turning the AI off and using VATSIM or IVAO?Actually, it would be intersting to see if through the manipulations of the multiplayer features you could generate your own AI traffic.But then again, as you say, it is much more fun to change your radio frequency five times on approach, getting clearance to land after five minutes of chatter as you near the inner marker with at least one airplane blocking the runway and two more lined up behind you about to wear you as a hood ornament, with a tail wind because the airport AI hasn't quite yet realized that the wind direction changed since you booted up a few hours ago... I practice my emergency flying skills this way.Still, an amazing system to have on a PC given the complexity of modeling this...Cheers,

There are at least two programs to assist you in "fixing" or at least mitigating the AI annoyances:1) Ken Salter has incorporated the "AI Taxi Speed" hack in his latest update:FS9 Configurator Version 1.5FS9 Configurator is a tool for users of Microsoft Flight Simulator 2004. This tool gives the user access to many of the configuration files located within Flight Simulator. These include system, scenery, aircraft, saved flights, and graphics. The user can search, add, delete, or edit settings, plus maintain comments about each setting. FS9 Configurator also provides tools for changing aspects about Flight Simulator. The tools include Setting Contrail lengths, removing the Brake message, and (most importantly) setting the AI Taxi Speed! See http://www.kensalter.com/fs9configurator for more information.2) AISmooth AI Traffic Manager Version 1.00AISmooth will monitor AI traffic around your airport and avoid multiple planes arriving at the same time, thus reducing go-arounds drastically. Excessive traffic will be sent into holding patterns and be released to landing in due time. Simple installation.

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Thanks for the info, Bill. I have downloaded AI Smooth (not tested yet) but not FS9 Configurator. Looks interesting...Even if these tools can correct some problems, I'm afraid we will still be cleared to land when the runway is still occupied by an aircraft. And in addition, the ATC will still guide you directly into a mountain on some airports.Eric

All vectors via ATC to wherever are softcoded via .XML pre compiled by BGLCOMP.exe to a BGL. Maybe see BGLCOMP sdk pgs 45 and 69. Haven't read that a procedure BGL will overwrite a facility or not.. Just a possibility to look into.Regards,Roman

20AUG21_Avsim_Sig.png?dl=1  FS RTWR   SHRS F-111   JoinFS   Little Navmap