Sign in to follow this  
Guest dirk1000

A little help for read K:Var (Token Variables) please

Dirk,There are a couple of ways you could approach this. The easiest would likely be to track the value of the ELEVATOR TRIM POSITION variable in a separate L:Variable. You could play the required sound each time the trim position was found to have changed.Alternatively, you can use the 'On Event' feature to play a sound when either the K:ELEV_TRIM_UP or K:ELEV_TRIM_DN events are found to have occurred. Keep in mind that these are not variables, but rather commands. 'On Event' has been discussed in this forum, a search should turn up what you need.Note that either of these solutions will result in the sounds being played when the autopilot moves the trim wheel. I'm not sure if this a result you would be looking for. If it wasn't, you would first have to check whether the autopilot was active before playing the sounds.Doug

Guest dirk1000

Hi Doug, Thanks for your indications.I did (some days ago) an approach to your first suggestion with no success, but I

Dirk,The only .wav format that DirectX promises support for is plain vanilla PCM. Anything else is hit or miss, depending on your sound card's drivers. I suspect that is your problem. If you have some kind of .wav editor, try saving the sound file with PCM compression and see if it will then play.Doug

You could try,number (>L:Var_Sound,number)number (>L:Var_Sound,number)number(>L:Var_Sound,number)is the same for both lines so you play the same sound, unless you want a different sound for each event.Let me know if this works,nick

Guest dirk1000

Hi Nick,Yes!!! This works fine.1 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_id_10,number)1 (>L:dsd_xml_sound_id_10,number)This project is an idea I have from 1 year ago (or more)! And it worked in the first instance! (cut and paste, some keystrokes...) and go

Guest dirk1000

Hi Doug, Thank for your fast response.With your indications I did this:I have SoundForge v6. Sound Editor, but didn