Sign in to follow this  
Rocky

Programmatically determine if sound is on or off

Do you know a way to determine in a gauge if the sound of FS is currently on or off?As I play gauge sounds in my code, I wouldn't like these sounds to play if the FS sound is off...Eric

Hi Eric,I don't think there is a way.The simplest way is to force the FS sound On when the gauge loads, and then maintain the current FS sound status locally by monitoring the sound events.Doug Dawson applied this "trick" in his latest XMLsound gauge.Cheers, RobPS: How is your A321 panel progressing ?? I'm still interrested :-)

It's not very reliable but:Test the Q key in a hook or intercept the sound off message (never tried htis last approach)Jos

Hi Jose,That's what I suggested as well :-)The only problem is that if FS starts up with SoundDisabled, you'll never get the SOundOff event ..Cheers, Rob

For a C gauge:Took me about 30 seconds of playing with a memory search program to find that Global.dll + 0x3B20 (Linkage + 0x0B20) is just what you're looking for. You can even write that value to turn sound on/off. ;-)

Matt-you sure you didn't cheat by looking into Pete Dowson's "FSUIPC for Programmers.doc" file which has most "old" global.dll pointer values ready for you? :-)(just teasing...)Best,

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

No cheating from me, but I did use the answer sheet to check my answer. :D

Hi Matt,Good to see you at Air Orlando last week!W. Sieffert

Thanks for the info, but I'd rather NOT use this method because it is not very "standard", and not documented. It will probably not work in FS2006.Nevertheless, it works fine in FS2004 :-)Thanks.Eric