Sign in to follow this  
Bob Familton

Help with VC Panel Gauge Placement Please

I have been trying to place gauges in some of my VC panels. Sometimes the gauges perform OK and sometimes not. Is there a tutorial or explanation of placing gauges in the VC's. Does the model file place the original gauges at specific positions in the panel thus preventing the addition of addon gauges by users since their positons are not called out in the model? Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Guest Mathias

Gauges are placed in a VC via the panel.cfg as are gauges on 2D panels. The panel names all have the VC-prefix.However, these VC panels must have been defined in the mdl for gauges to show up. You need to know the location and size of an individual VC panel to be able to correctly place a gauge on there without it sticking over edge or not being displayed at all. Often single gauges which are on another 3D plane in the VC have an own little panel on which they are displayed.Have you already checked out the XML-sticky thread at the top of this forum?

Hi Mathias. Thanks for the info. No, I did not check the sticky but sure will now. Thanks and best regards, Bob.

Hi Bob, I now have a pdf tutorial on the tutorials page at www.fs2x.com.I'd appreciate some feedback.nick